Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games and Puzzles

Games and Puzzles

At my school me and a group of friends run a puzzle club. Here are some puzzles that we use, have a go and try to think logically, after a few attempts i will post the answers and some more if you like them!:

1. If Mrs Smith's peacock laid an egg in Mrs Dawson's garden, who is the rightful owner of the egg (and it's not the peacock!)?

2. On a table is an egg box containing 6 eggs. 6 people come and each take an egg, but one egg is left in the box. How is this possible?

3. Andrew married 2 women in one week. He did not divorce either of them and the women didn't divorce him. None of them died and Andrew is a Christian. However, Andrew did not commit bigamy. How did he do this?

4. Two mothers and two daughters went out shopping for shoes. Each person bought a pair of shoes, but when they came out of the shop, had just three pairs of shoes. How is this possible?

5. Jenny was asked to draw a picture of her uncle Ronnie for a school portrait display. She had never met him, seen him or heard him described, but she knew exactly what to draw. How did she know?

6. A boy and his dad were driving along a road when another speeding car lost control and the car with the father and son in was knocked off the road. Unfortunately, the father died, but the boy survived with serious injuries. When he was taken to the hospital, the surgeons found that he needed a dangerous operation to give him a chance to live. However, the surgeon saw the boy and said , "I can't operate on him, he's my son." Is this true?

Enjoy!!!!

Zimbabwe 07/13

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Do you want us to post what we think the answers are?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

yeah if you think you've got them!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Ha ha, just the first one...I mean, my first thought was that peacocks don't lay eggs...is that the line of thought we're supposed to go with?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

And, I have no idea on a lot of them...but, just brainstorming...are there seven eggs in the box to begin with? Bah, that seems so silly, ha ha.

Well done, first one correct! if you can get that one then a lot of the others follow the same sort of principle, you've got to look at each one with a logical eye................ no, there are not seven eggs in the box. sorry!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
    no, there are not seven eggs in the box. sorry!

ok...hmmm....

Ack, someone takes the box with the one of the eggs still in it?!

Yes! You're good at this!

Zimbabwe 07/13

I am still trying to figure the other ones...but, I know the last one...the surgeon's his mom!

yep, right! for some reason that question confuses many people, they often think of surgeons as male! that annoys me...

Zimbabwe 07/13

Ha ha, my mom totally answered this one without even blinking...he's the minister!

yeah, that's one that some people get immediately while some don't get it at all. It depends how you read the word 'marries'.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Ok, let's see if I can word this correctly....there are only three women...a mother, her daughter, and, her grand daughter... hee hee, my brain hurts, but, this is fun!

yes you've done it again just one more to go!

Zimbabwe 07/13