Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deuce's first run...

Deuce's first run...

I finally got Deuce into a harness today. Every time I've tried in the last couple weeks something has gone wrong--ATV wouldn't start, he was limping, ect, ect. But today everything was perfect. Deuce ran by himself as I wasn't sure how he'd do with all this new stuff. He can be a bit of a brat!

Heading down the trail. Pacer and Antare in wheel, Deuce alone in swing, Paxil and Raven up front.

At the halfway point, taking a break. They only ran five miles today. I didn't want to over do things with Deuce since this was his first run. I wanted it to be lots of fun so he'll want to do it again.

My happy leader girls. I was very impressed with Raven today. She had a bad winter last year. Didn't want to pull, didn't run much, wasn't happy when she did. I left her home alot last year. Today she was screaming to come along so I figured we try. She was like the Raven of two years ago, pulled hard, listened, had a great time.

Duece taking a break after about 2.5 miles. He looks a little quizzical, but I think it was a "why are we stopping?" face. He pulled every bit as hard as he does on a leash. He stayed in position nicely, no fooling around. Mac and Daisy were running loose, but Deuce paid them no attention. He was almost docile when we got home. Deuce is insanely active and hyper most of the time.

Pacer waiting for me to unhook him when we got home.

Next time I'll try Deuce with a dog beside him.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

aww cute! looks like tons of fun!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

That's so great to hear he did so well. I am excited to see pics of your dogs pulling because they are so happy doing it.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Congrats, Deuce! He looks like a natural! Gorgeous photos, and, happy, happy dogs, as usual. I need to get Finn pulling something to get some of that urge out of him. I don't think he realizes he's not a pulling breed.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    Well, it sure sounds as if your day with the dogs went amazingly well! I'm really glad to hear Deuce did such a great job, I'm sure he'll probably do just fine with a dog beside him
    And Raven, sounds like you made your mommy very happy and proud today...way to go!!!

Thanks for the pictures, looks like an awesome day was had by everyone!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh good boy Deuce! Sounds like you made it a fun day for all of the team, Glacier. And I think Deuce has found a team that he wants to be a part of.

I'm glad Deuce did well. I love that pic of your two leader girls. They look so happy. I didn't realise one had a spotted tongue. I also think Pacer looks especially pretty waiting to be unhooked.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

That looks like so much fun! I am going to have sled dogs, when I am out of my house..They are so amazing!

Congrats to you Deuce and Raven! You all look like you are having the best time of you lives!!!!

Good luck on your next run Deuce, be as good as your were this time!-
    Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

good boy
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Congrats, Deuce!! What a good boy you are!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Totaly awsome, what fun for you all.They all look great.

Gosh Glacier, what a great thing you and hubby did, bringing Deuce to your house to live with you and the pack. He has fit in so well. Obviously, he's so happy. He couldn't have a better life. We can't wait to see the snow pics from you so we can take our mini Yukon vacations. It's still pretty hot here and we're so tired of it. If you need help up there at your place, I am available. We can leave as soon as you say the word Great pics and you guys are doing a great job!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Looks like everyone, including you, had a wonderful time on that run. Love all the tongue hanging out big doggie smiles. Thank you for sharing.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

What great pictures!! They all look so happy. Do the dogs go nuts when you get the harnesse's out? Do they know that means there going to pull the sled?

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Look at those happy dogs with their tongues hanging out! Raven looks like she's bursting with pride - "I did a GOOD job, didn't I, Mom?" and Deuce looks like he could go many more miles! Sounds like this is just what he needs, going out on good hard runs! Good job, Deuce!