Thread: Toby has Pancreatitis

Toby has Pancreatitis

Yesterday, Toby was diagnosed with pancreatis. I am so depressed and have been crying since last night when I heard. As you know Shoo died from that. Toby is now 14 years old and had an en alrged heart and has had an enlarged liver and is on alot of meds already. He started throwing up yesterday and couldn't stop so they did bloodwork. He got a shot to stop the throwing up but it didn't help and he trew up all night and today. So today they admitted him so fluid therapy. I cried as the nurse took him from me. Please pray that he gets better and that I have more time with my baby.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All paws crossed for Toby and you. I've never had to deal with this in a cat, but a couple of my dogs have had pancreatitis. After a few days of intensive care at the vet, they made full recoveries. I hope Toby will be home with you soon!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Toby is my pomeranian. I did have my cat a few years ago that died from it. Thanks for your prayers.
    Melissa

I'm so sorry Toby is so sick. Me and my furkids have all of our fingers and paws crossed and are including Toby in our prayers until he gets better.

(((hugs)))

Tess

I will keep sweet little Toby in my prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

WE ARE SORRY.TO HERA ABOUT TOBY,AND WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS,THAT THAT DEAR LITTLE PUP,WILL BE ALL RIGHT,AND BACKWITH YOU,AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'll keep Toby in my prayers. (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I went through the same thing with my Onyx last November. It was horrible, but she made it! The trick is to get him to stop throwing up so he is able to keep food and liquids down. If possible, keep him at home with you rather than at the vet because I do believe that Toby knowing you are there and loving him may very well help him recover. I feel for you as I went through this, so I know exactly how you're feeling right now! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Toby!

I'm so sorry to hear about Toby. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care.

So sorry to hear this. Get well little Toby!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Thanks all of you for your prayers, please keep them coming. I just came from the vet where I spent about a half an hour visiting Toby. the nurse said he ate a tiny bit of food today and hasn't thrown up so that is good news. he looked so tired. I am going to go back tomorrow and visit him.

Toby

Prayers being prayed for Toby's swift and complete recovery! Please let us know how he's doing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I will certainly say a prayer for Toby. I hope he gets better soon.

Prayers being sent to Toby and you too!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!