Thread: I Promise He's a Good cat at heart...

I Promise He's a Good cat at heart...

Greetings here from Tampa,
    I have a Siamese cat that I just adore and he can be the sweetest thing... when he's half asleep. When Oliver, my cat, is fully awake, he is vicious to everyone - including me. I cannot explain his behavior and sometimes it frightens me so. Depending on his ~mood~ he'll either scratch, bite, or attack anybody near him. Oli barely ever listens to me, I spray him with water, but it seems to have no affect on him.

He also picks on random people to deeply dislike such as my neighbor who visits me almost everyday. If my neighbor comes near he, he'll hiss and jump on her which gets very annoying and embarrassing because my neighbor's never done anything to him... maybe rough house a little sometimes; but its completely innocent playing. Oli seems to take his frustrations out on everyone and takes a liking to it. What can I do to change my sweet Oli's personality and actions? Can anything be done? Thank you.
    Last edited by jilliansiggy; 06-10-2005 at 12:55 PM.
    ♥ A woman with a siamese

I used to have a cat, Kitty, who is now my fathers cat. She does not like anyone. If anyone tries to pet/play with her, she attacks. She will bite till she draws blood. Over the past few years she has gotten better. Now she will let my mom, dad and myself pet her, but with anyone else - Watch Out! She really only likes my dad, which is why she is now his cat. I have no idea why she is this way, maybe she is just the type that takes a while (7yrs) to get used to people. Hopefully your kitty won't take that long to get used to you. If there is anything else that can be done about it, I am sure someone here will have suggestions. Best of Luck!

Janine
    Lulu
    Beth
    Joey

My cat is only 8 months... hopefully with time he'll be better. Thanks for the reply!
    ♥ A woman with a siamese

I'm working with a meezer right now who is a foster. Parker was rescued from the Allen Park Animal Shelter where she was scheduled to be killed. She has a slight biting problem. But after working with her for over a month, I'm beginning to understand her "body language". I think she was seriously abused because when I first got her, she cowered everytime I went to pet her. Either that or she wasn't used to human contact. She's getting better. Meezers are different from other cats. They're VERY loyal, vocal and moody.

I only have ONE problem. My cat MooShoo tries to get at her through the baby gates. He sticks his front paw through the gate and she ends up going after it. So I'm not sure she'll get along with other cats. She DID get along with Puddin while she was here though. Go figure.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!