Thread: What can I feed her?

What can I feed her?

My Bugs has has a cold for about a week now, she is on her second lot of anti-biotics. She also has some decongestant powder that goes on her food to help her.

The problem is the last couple of days she has stopped eating. I have been told thats because she cannot smell anything. I have tried giving her chicken, salmon, sardines and wet food, but she will not touch them. I have also tried putting the fish in the microwave for a couple of seconds, but thats not worked either.

She is quite a big girl (she is going on a diet once she is better) so maybe she can afford not to eat for a couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could try. She is still drinking plenty, so thats good. Any suggestions????

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

Does she have a favorite food or treat that you could entice her with? Maybe some warm chicken or beef broth. Not much substance to it, but at least it has nutrients.

I would have said Kitten Food,but not,if she has a weight problem.She will not starve,in a few days,maybe try Baby Food! a Bit,as that can be fattening,too!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Run the shower on hot only and bring her in the bathroom and close the door. The steam from the shower should break up any congestion.

Also, try putting "Lil Noses" pediatric saline nose drops in her nose. That'll help too.

Just be careful about her not eating. If another 24-48 hours goes by, you'll need to call the vet.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!