Thread: How much does your cat drink?

How much does your cat drink?

Our cat Fister (5 years old orange tabby) drinks a little more than 1 deciliter in 24 hours + a little from the bathroom floor, which, according to the vet is just fine.

How about yours?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

With 3 cats and being out most of the day it's difficult to monitor how much each of them drinks.

I definitely know though how much Foxy, my 6 month old kitten, throws around from the amount of times I have to wash the kitchen floor . He got this things with liquids, if you're not careful he sticks his paws in whatever liquid is lying around and throws it all out... and when it's coffee or red wine (I was holding the glass at the time ) it' not funny at all :

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    My deceased cat would drink from a glass only, and only Evian (tap water was being ignored), and only if the glass was on the coffee table. She drank more than a glass a day but she had kidney problems.

My cats drink from the dogs bowl, so I don't really know. I only know that they spend a lot of time there sipping. In the summer they only want to drink rainwater which we collect outside in big cans for watering the garden. In those month I can't get them to drink tap water.

Both kitties are now drinking out of thier PetMate drinking fountain. (finally!) I fill it up a little each morning, so I am not too sure how much they drink.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Difficult to tell just how much water my cats drink since I have 4 of them. Let's put it this way, sometimes when I get home the water dish is half full, sometimes less than a half and sometimes not touched at all - so I don't know which cat does all the slurping or if they all do

Oh - and sometimes the water dish is tipped over I need a PetMate Water Fountain or equivalent.

Purrly,

The fountain is great!! They love it and it has a filter so it's always clean.

I got ours at Petsmart for around $40.00, and it comes with a filter. You can get them at www.petsmart.com too.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Thanks Noah's Mom - I'll look into this. My kitties dish always seems to have Foreign Material in it like milk rings, pieces of cat chow, pieces of carpet, etc. Besides being tipped over. Sounds like it's worth $40.00.

Thanks for your responses! I forgot to tell you that Fister drinks water - and only out of a glass of course!
    We're lucky to have good clean water in the tap.

I don't think that milk is good for cats, cream mixed with water is far better!

Must admit that every now and then, we let Fister lick some whipped cream from our dessert.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.