Thread: Ahhhh..Frustrated!

Ahhhh..Frustrated!

Emma is in heat, and always howling!!

For the past 2 hours, she hasn't been howling much at all, right now it's 10pm, I layed in bed and she started howling as loud as ever.

I got up, and as I'm typing this right now, she's quietly washing herself.

The howling is steady every 1-3 minutes from whenever I go to bed up until 7-8-9AM or even right up until I get out of bed(with no sleep!).

No sleep is REALLY getting to me, especially at this time of year, everyday I'm busy helping my mom or nan and also shopping, wrapping gifts and cleaning.

Last night I got weak and thought I was going to pass out

Around 6:45 AM this morning, I let Emma out of my room, to try and get sleep, and she went and hid under my parent's bed until noon or so, so I felt bad

I was just wondering how long this goes on?? And does she sleep AT ALL during this???

Thanks

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

poor emma...and poor you Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight

Thank you joanofark for the great siggy

Welcome to "cat in heat" world... It'll pass but you will need some sleep before that happens. Just be sure she does NOT run out that door when it is opened!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Simple solution is make a spay appt. for Monday .

I've never had a cat in heat so I don't have any advice for you.

I have had a kitty to keep me up for about a week straight (when we first got Brodie) and I know that you feel miserable!

You have to get some sleep . . . I wish I knew what to tell you . . . could you possibly move her into another room at night with all her stuff (bed, litter, food, water)??? Like maybe a bathroom? I know she won't like it but that's what we had to do with Brodie & I slept sooooooooooooo good once he moved into the bathroom!!!

After the introductions, he stays in his own room with Josie. Just works out better for us that way.

Good luck.

BTW, don't you have to wait until the heat is over before you can get her fixed? I assume that's why you're waiting.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Is she spaded?I've never had that problem with any of my cats.I spade or neutur as soon as the vet says to.It's strange behavior if she's spaded.If not...spade her right away.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I have no idea about how long it takes before the "heat" is over.
    But I would ask the vet, and schedule a fixing-operation as soon as possible!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by Corinna
    Simple solution is make a spay appt. for Monday .
    It's not really that simple this time of year, money is tight right now, she's going to get spayed after Christmas.

We got her from the SPCA, and they didn't know if she was done or not, and neither did the vet, so it was my mom's idea to wait and see, and I'm definatly paying for that now!

Last night, she howled all night, I let her out and she went upstairs and woke up my grandparents around 3AM so I had to go get her....at 6AM I took my pillows, blanket & Jasper and went out on the couch and then 6:10AM my dad's alarm clock started going off every 6 minutes until 7:15

So after he left(7:30AM), I finally got some sleep for the first time all night, and now it's 10:33AM and Im up!

I really have no idea how some people have cats that they NEVER spay/neuter their entire lives.

Oh and thanks for the welcome, Laura

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

The heat,as I understand it,comeas and goes in waves,unless there is an intact Male cat around,and then she is calling out to him.The need,to produce young,is one,of the strongest survival instincts,in All Creatures.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS