Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get on the do not call list for cell phones...

Get on the do not call list for cell phones...

If you haven't heard... as of Jan. 1st cell phone numbers will be
    made public to telemarketing firms... so this means as of Jan 1st your cell might start ringing off the hook with telemarketers, but unlike your home phone... you PAY for your incoming calls with day-time minutes! You need to call 1-888-382-1222 from the cell phone you wish to have put on the list.

You can also do it online... (which is what I did) www.donotcall.gov

Thank you Wolfie!

Thanks Tonya.

Mark

Thanks! I meant to do this when I got my cell phone but I had forgotten about it. I'm always getting text messages from telemarketers...

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I saw something about this on another forum I belong to, added my number then found out it's not true.

Cell Phone Myth

Originally posted by GiantSchnauzer
    I saw something about this on another forum I belong to, added my number then found out it's not true.

Cell Phone Myth
    Yeah, the original email that I recieved said I had to do it by December 15th. I knew that was untrue because I work for the phone company, so we are the first to get the CPUC (CA Public Utility Commision) updates.

The part about having to do it by a certain time is false, but the fact that they're opening our numbers up to the public is true. That website is a legitimate government website and it says to enter your cell and home phones right on it.

Thank you Wolfie!

I did this too.. I have already had 4 calls on my cell, one last night, from sales...gripes me to pieces!

I heard on the radio news that the information about cell phone numbers being available to telemarketers is a rumor. I signed up anyway.

Just FYI.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I also signed up as well. I get enough telemarketers at home. I don't need them on my cellphone as well.

The recording tells you that if they DO call to get the name of the company and file a complaint. But have you guys noticed these days that most telemarketing calls are now electronically sent? They are voice activated and it's a recording, not a live person. They should outlaw telemarketers!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I tried to sign up but it keeps telling me my area code is wronge, I know for a fact my area code is NOT wrong!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

He in Montana we made a law about electronic telemarketing. You must be a live voice and no dialers. Bill collectors are excempt.

Question: is this for the USA only? Or worldwide ??
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks Tonya! Good info and not a rumor as the Snopes site you gave as a referral. I appreciate it and have registered my cell.

ok really, WHAT is wrong with my area code that it keeps telling me that it is not my area code? my area code is 306 and has been since I was little, but I keep getting "please correct your area code on line 1"
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

Question: is this for the USA only?
    Or worldwide ??
    The *linked* Do Not Call list is for the USA only.

Don't know how much of a problem TeleMarketers are in other
    parts of the World.

Here in the States they became a HUGE Problem -
    often calling at meal times or in the evening,
    repeatedly calling
    and sometimes rude and often very *pushy*.

Since listing my land-line AND Cell numbers -
    I've only received a couple TeleMarketing calls.
    Berfore listing, I could count on a dozen or more a week.

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I listed both my home and cell phone the minute the list opened. Very few calls get through anymore and those that do, I politely ask them to put me on the do-not-call list. By law they are required to comply with my request. Also, to complete the process you must respond to the confirmation e-mail they send you. It really does work!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10