Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porch Is At The Vet

Porch Is At The Vet

Kevin had to drop Porch at the vet this morning on the way to work. During the phone tag he & the vet have been playing today, he left a message that Porch is blocked on both ends. They will be keeping him over night. Porch is the cat that had megacolon and surgery to remove most of his colon. I sure hope this isn't going to be so serious Porch can't be cured. Another dreaded wait for a phone call! Neither Porch nor us needed this right now!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

**UPDATE**
    Porch has stones and is constipated. They are hydrating him to see if he can pass the stools on his own. If not, they will try medication then an enima. They will also do something to rid him of the urinary tract stones. We can visit him when we drop Kurby off tomorrow morning. Boy is all this stressful.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Lisa I thought my plate was full but it is nothing in comparison to yours!!! I'm so sorry this is happening all at once! Its bad enough when it's one but you have had three in a row! I don't know how your doing it all. I don't know if it helps but you are always in my thoughts and you and the furbabies are always in my prayers.
    Hopefully you are having a bad luck streak right now and this is it for a very long time!

Thanks Lisa! It has all been very stressful. We're just praying they're all going to be OK. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

I sure hope Porch will be ok. He's been through so much already. And they say things come in threes, so hopefully everybody else stays healthy an nobody drops off anymore unwanted kitties at the park, and hubby and the vet finally connect and work calms down and life can finally get back to some sort of normalcy for you.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    I sure hope Porch will be ok. He's been through so much already. And they say things come in threes, so hopefully everybody else stays healthy an nobody drops off anymore unwanted kitties at the park, and hubby and the vet finally connect and work calms down and life can finally get back to some sort of normalcy for you.
    My thoughts exactly.

Praying that all turns out well in the end.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Goodness, when it rains it POURS! I sure hope things get better your way real soon and you don't have to ever see a vet again except for annuals!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Not another one! Its like a black cloud is hanging over your cats right now. Just remember that clouds always blow away and leave sunny days.

Good Luck Porch!

I swear I don't know what is going on. I guess when you have as many cats as we do, things are bound to happen. Just wish they'd give us a break and not happen so close together. Kevin will visit Porch when he drops Kurby off this morning. If they can't get Porch to go on his own, this could be bad news for Porch. He doesn't have much colon left, so if what he has isn't working, I'm afraid Porch won't pull through.

When,the Found Cats,say thier CVat Prayers,Tonight,they will add Special Prayers,for Porch,thathe can be well,and live the full term,of his life out,with you!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by K & L
    I'm afraid Porch won't pull through.
    Not to worry, Lisa. We'll get the PT Prayer Line going. It has come through so manyt times in the past. Hmm....where's Cinder and Smoke....gotta get them on the case....
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

The vet said this morning Porch peed on his own! Now if he could go #2 on his own this would be so good!

My goodness, Lisa ... this is so frustrating for you, I'm sure! It sounds encouraging though with him being able to pee pee on his own. Come on kitty, you make poopies for us!!!

Hugs to you Lisa!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    My goodness, Lisa ... this is so frustrating for you, I'm sure! It sounds encouraging though with him being able to pee pee on his own. Come on kitty, you make poopies for us!!!

Hugs to you Lisa!
    Thanks Kim!

Yeah Porch! Listen to your Auntie Kim now so you can go home again real soon.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012