Thread: Question about Kitty Litter Cake

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Question about Kitty Litter Cake

My friends birthday is Thurs. and I'm making a kitty litter cake for her! I had a question about the "white sandwich cookies"...are these the ones with the vanilla gunk in the middle (like Oreos)? If so, how many do I use? I bought a package with two rows of white cookies, and a row of mock Oreos. It's like 2LBS in all. My question is (if these are the right ones) how many cookies do I crumble in a food processor? I finally found a store that carries the full sized Tootsie Rolls after a long search. I have the tiny ones, but thought the huge ones would be more...ummm..appealing..as her cats are all huge! LOL! I can't wait to see how this comes out, and to see her reaction!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Jan, I didn't know how many to use either so I ground up one full package (about 30 cookies). Note: because of the filling, it made quite a mess of my food processor and cleanup was NOT a breeze.

Good luck and post pictures if you can.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Thanks Slick! At least I have a number to go by now...now I need to use a friends food processor. I wonder if it can be done with heavy food storage bags, and a hammer? Certainly less mess that way!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I don't know the answer to your question, but i do have a suggestion

For the tootsie rolls, I just stuck them in the microwave until they melted, then (with gloves so I wouldn't burn myself) I to a slob of the melted toostie, and rolled it in my hands. It looks almost too real, if I may say so myself

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
    Thanks Slick! At least I have a number to go by now...now I need to use a friends food processor. I wonder if it can be done with heavy food storage bags, and a hammer? Certainly less mess that way!
    That is what I did. I put it in a bag...much cleaner. The beauty of the kitty litter cake is that you can't mess it up. I use a full package of the white oreo type cookie, but it'll work out fine no matter what.

The problem I always have is getting the teal colored litter chunks. I always mix green and blue food coloring, but it never comes out quite right.

Thank you Wolfie!