Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dale isn't feeling well :(

Dale isn't feeling well :(

We moved yesterday, and with all of the excitement, he didnt eat anything that morning, then it was a little hot out...he wasnt out much, but was out with us some of the time while we unpacked the moving truck. I had water out for him, and he was fine. Later that day, he came inside and threw up bile. I figured, it was b/c of an empty stomach (didnt want to eat...he isnt a huge eater, especially for a big dog, anyway). He got sick a few more times last night. So i called the vet (a new one, since i just moved to this state yesterday)...and they recommended not giving him any food today, and then some hamburger/rice, or chicken tomorrow. And then see how he does, if by Monday, he isnt any better, then we will take him in. He is somewhat tired, but if someone comes to the door, he gets up and barks, and if you walk up to him, he wags his tail, and tries to lick your face. Anyway, i called his breeder for any advice too. I have never seen him this way, so it is upsetting. The breeder wont be home until later. Oh, and he peed this morning, but hasnt since, so i am gonna go walk him in a minute to see that he is urinating okay.

Anyway, please say prayers that my Dale starts to feel better real soon. I want him to be able to enjoy this new house and explore, but i am keeping him gated, so that he doesnt get sick on the new carpet.

He can be some what of a nervous dog, so with the change/excitement of moving, lack of breakfast , and it being hot out yesterday, i think all played a part in this...i am just gonna let his stomach rest, and pray that he will be better tomorrow...

Prayers that Dale perks up real soon and goes about enjoying his new house.

I hope you feel better soon Dale!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I bet it's all the change that's upsetting his tummy, and I'm hoping it is nothing more than that. These big guys can be soooo sensitive! Poor Dale.

Get better soon, Dale! It probably was just the move. Hope he'll get settled in and feel better.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oh Robyn, this must be so upsetting for you. Poor Dale Sounds like it might be all the stress of moving, the heat, new surroundings, Robyn...I hope so. Is he drinking enough? It concerned me that you said he had just pee'd once this morning PLEASE, feel better soon Dale! We want you to enjoy your new home sweetheart Prayers on their way for Dale's quick recovery. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh come on Dale, perk up big buddy! Don't worry the ones that love you so much. Pullllleeeeas. He's such a big gallooot and we love him so. Please do keep us informed

Thanks everyone! We appreciate the well wishes. I just walked him and he did pee quite a bit...so that is great. And he was back to his ol' pulling self on the leash. Mind you, I only weigh 15 more pounds than him, so if he wants to, he can pull me around pretty good, and my hubby and son were outside and he ran over to them, and then barked at the workers across the street, and also tried to chase a butterfly, one of his favorite past times . So i am thinking it is stress and anxiety over the move, and that the heat and lack of appetite added to it...hope tomorrow brings us good news

BTW, i only let him outside for like 10 minutes, he is back to resting now Keeping me company as i unpack boxes

Robyn

I'm glad he's feeling a bit better. My Squid has just been to the vets and I was *really* worried about him, so I know how you feel.

Give Dale a hug from me
    Amy & the furkids

I know moving is stressful for all, two leggers and four leggers alike Robyn.. let's just keep hoping for butterflies and HUGS! Whew...
    Laurie

Oh, Robyn....I hate that Dale is not feeling well. Please give him plenty of hugs from me. It sounds like things are getting better.

Dale, it sounds like you are starting to bounce back already but you make sure you get some rest and plenty of water, young man! We don't want anything happening to you. We will be waiting to see lots of pics of you roaming around your new home and yard!

Hugs...Robin

Whew! Things seem to be improving Robyn, thankfully! Dale, listen to your mommy and Robin now! Drink lots of fluid, stay cool and get some rest. You can watch your mommy do all the work unpacking Get well soon Dale!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sounds like it was a worry - stress - excitement thing.

HEY Dale!! ~

"Milk" dis fur all ya can...
    dat CowBurger an Rice tastes jest GREAT!

Eat it kinda S L O W ... an den make like ya think
    ya mite hafta *URRK & Gurk*...
    But - DON'T do dat - (DON'T wunna waste da Gud Grub!

Keep aktin kinda *woozie* fur a kupla daze -
    that'll keep da Cow & Rice onna menue!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Dale, get better soon.

Gigi isn't feeling well since last Fri as well. And it's definitely not fun for her and not fun for me having to take her to the vet 3 times now.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

I give out the best of wishes to dale getting better!