Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Magoo has graduated from Kindergarten!

Mr. Magoo has graduated from Kindergarten!

Mr. Magoo has moved on to the first grade and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things are ok at home!
    He has started something new. At night when his outing is over he seems to know we are about to put him back in his cage and runs and hides under a shelf in the corner of the bathroom. So hubby and I decided last night that maybe it was time for him to spend the days in the bathroom where he would have more room to roam. He loves to stay in there during storms too. He is very scared of thunder.
    So this morning as we were about to leave I put his litter box and food in the bathroom and took him in there. He seemed a little freaked out. He didn't understand why he was in there so early in the morning. I gave him some treats and put them in his food bowl to make sure he knew where it was then closed the door. As I was leaving he had his paws under the door pulling at the carpet and he was crying. Maggie Sue was on the other side of the door smacking his paw everytime he stuck it out! Brat!
    I felt so bad leaving him all stressed out but I'm hoping that he will get used to it and like it better than the cage. I felt so sorry for him because he seemed so confused! I hope I did right but I'm trying to make life better for him. Keep you fingers crossed that he settled down quickly and that he is ok at home.
    Let's hope that by the time we reach second grade it will be with the other cats!!
    I'm feeling guilty for leaving him crying and I'm now thinking that maybe we should have done it on a weekend. Do you all think he is ok?

Congrats Mr. Magoo! Sounds like you're moving along nicely now that you've calmed down for a month. Maggie Sue must like him because you only torment the ones you love!

Considering his past history and I know he is medicated now I still would of waited until weekend to try this new procedure. He will be ok once he realizes the food, water and treats are near him.

One little step at a time for Mr. Magoo. I think you are doing wonderfully with Mr. Magoo. Maggie Sue must have a thing for Magoo because like Catnapper said "You only torment the ones you LOVE!!!"

May I offer a suggestion that may or may not work for Magoo. If today does not go well for Magoo, maybe tomorrow you could try putting Magoo in his cage and then taking him into the bathroom and then open the door to his cage. This way Magoo has his so called security blanket...his cage. If you take him in there with his cage and leave the door open for him then he can come out of the cage on his own terms....if you know what I mean. Just a thought....again I think you are really doing a fine job with Magoo. --- Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

That's a great idea Meg! Too bad I didn't think about that this morning!! I'm not sure that everything will fit in there though because I have a very small bathroom. I think once he settled down he will be fine. He has stayed in the bathroom for hours in the evening. When he doesn't want to come out I just shut the door and let him stay in there until we are ready to go to bed. He loves it then. I think I just threw his routine this morning and I'm just afraid that he was kind of panicked. I'm just worried and hopefully for nothing. I know he will be ok it's just that I don't want him to stress. I think I stress more than him though!

I think you are doing a wonderful job with Mr. magoo.

I was going to suggest too putting Magoo's cage in the bathroom with him... that way he can get used to first grade while having a little bit of kindergarten with him!!

GO MR. MAGOO WE LOVE YOU!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

GO MR. MAGOO WE LOVE YOU!!
    GO MAGOO, GO MAGOO, GO MAGOO!!!!!!!

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Aww, I think the lovely Magoo will be just fine. I'm sure he was a little panicked but he'll be ok within the hour. I was actually going to suggest the same thing catlover did. I know you mentioned the bathroom was small. Does it have a tub? You could put the cage in the tub if it fits to conserve room. Good Luck!. He's come a long way from the beginning. I just know in a couple of months time, he'll be adjusted and comfortable and happy with his new family.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Once Scrappy Paddingtom Magoo , gets his bearings , he will be all right , he was quite good , at the Found cats Paartee , as he stayed , on the Koxka cat tree! He sounds as though he has to settle , into new routines , which all cats resist! WE are praying for Scrappy Magoo , and hope that he becomes a part, of your Clowder Soon!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well, it is graduation season, after all! Go Magoo!

Like everyone else, I think you're doing a wonderful job with him! I'm sure he'll be fine today, once he gets used to the idea.

He'll do just fine, especially once he realizes he has more room to relax in! We have to leave the kittens crying everyday in the bathroom. We come home and they're just fine! Great job with Mr. Magoo...he's one lucky kitty to have found you.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I was getting ready for work and thinking about Mr. Magoo and how he was doing.

Sounds like he's slowly coming around. Don't feel guilty about the bathroom thing. In time he will come to like it better than the cage.

Bless you for keeping this little kitty.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I bet ole Magoo is happily sleeping away the day by now Meowmie:-) But since worry is your specialty , you are going to do it anyway (takes one to recognize one!!) Let us know this evening - OK?

I bet once he realized exactly where he was and that he's okay he settled right down. Don't worry too much. You just changed his routine but I'm sure he has figured it out and is quite happy to have the room to roam.

From Decker with Love

Re: Mr. Magoo has graduated from Kindergarten!

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    Do you all think he is ok?
    Is this the same problem child you spoke about a few weeks ago??

Thanks for giving the 'Goomeister a chance to unpack his bags.

Sometimes thunder scares me too!