Thread: PETA.... Against Pet Ownership.

PETA.... Against Pet Ownership.

I saw a show on Showtime called Bull Sh**. Hosted by Penn & Teller.

I had no idea that PETA was against pet ownership. According to PETA we should not own any pets, eat meat or have Zoo's. What was disturbing, PETA rescued over 2000 pets in one year but euthanized 1200 of them in there own building. They weren't interested in finding those pets homes because they don't believe we should even have them in our homes. In there tax records report "That are available for public viewing" funding organizations that bomb research hospital. PETA two thumbs down
    Rest in peace Princess Holly Bear...

Really and honestly now, i'm at the point where i'd like to say PETA can kiss my @$$.

Uh, okay, Dogs, Cats and such have been domesticated for YEARS. Where would they live if they weren't pets?

PETA really should stop going to these idiotic extremes.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Yes it's true animals like dogs (wolves) were once wild but now they are domesticated and I think they need that extra help from people to survive. I didn't even know anything about PETA until I joined PT so I don't really know what else they have done or said...but this is ridiculous to me.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I know they have done some good things, and do advocate animals, but they go way too far with their campaigns and such.

Dogs shouldn't be pets---sure

Maybe we should release all of the dogs in shelters out into the wild--back to their true heritage--that sounds like a good idea

I'm with you: 2 thumbs down!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Peta is about as radical and extremist a group as I have seen. They do fund 'terrorist' groups such as ALF and others. I did a lot of research on them a few weeks ago and was pretty apalled. They also have 'front' organizations where they get funds from people who don't realize their funds are actually going to Peta.

And oh yes, I know my dogs are miserable being pets and would much rather be out in the wild
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

PETA ia awful. Killing pets......wow. Doesn't sound ethical to me. I'm sure someone will come along and claim this is all anti-PETA propaganda.
    ~Kat

I've read that not all members of PETA are as extreme as some others are but this idea is just ridiculous. Sure, they were wild animals a LONG time ago. Cities aren't the same as when they were wild animals..their survival instincts just aren't strong enough to go against cars and such.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Ah come on ... can't you just see it .... herds of wild chihuahuas and dachshunds bringing down a caribou or zebra?

PETA is a ridiculous ... and dangerous ... organization.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I think they are sitting in their offices smoking something funny. That can be the only possible excplanation for that particular philosophy. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I can't say I'm surprised. They've been working with the "Humane" Society to ban the keeping of reptiles for a LONG time. I'ts horrendous that they would do that, but I'm not terribly surprised. Neither PETA or the "humane" society gets any money/efforts from me!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard lately. What a bunch of jerks.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06