Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone here on paxil?????????

anyone here on paxil?????????

if so you need to read this

Warning about Paxil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i take it and i'm shocked think its time to have a talk w/ my doctor

marylyn

I was on it for a time and I freaked me out. I told the Dr. that I wasn't going to take it anymore, so she changed my meds that day.

I've been on Paxil for almost 6 years for anxioty. I take 20mg. It does help with my anxioty, but not as well as it use to. My husband and I were just talking about seeing the Doctor. I have very little sex drive, a known side effect. I also get tired very easy and need a nap, not something I want in the middle of my day. If I fight the tired and don't take a nap it catches up with me and I'll have a day or two where I can almost not function, I need to sleep. I tried to get off paxil a few times. That was horrible, I was horrible. I was shaky, dizzy, and cried all the time. I would throw things, I even hit my husband once for trying to help me to bed. I am scared to death to get off paxil because of the withdrawal side effects. Another worry we have had is that we want to start having kids soon, but you can't take paxil while you are pregnant.

Thank you Marylyn. Now that I red that I am defiantly going to talk to my doctor.

I was on the time released Paxil for over 6 months, all I wanted to do was sleep. Had a lot of bad effects on me too. I finally got off of it and am on a different one now, called lexapro. Hope it is a good one.

Thank ever so much for the information!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I take Lexipro too. Small dosage. I'll definitely avoid Paxil if it is ever recommended. Thanks for the info.

I'm on Paxil, but have never experienced any problems with it. However I'm going to a psychologist tomorrow, and I know they'll probably either switch me to something else or take me off of it completely. We thought I had GAD, but now I'm fairly sure that I have SAD, and so the Paxil will really be useless at this time of the year.
    I've been BOO'd!

oops, miss-calculation. I've been on paxil almost 5years, not 6. reguardless it's a long time. I think it's time for a change. I'll ask my doctor about Lexipro.

i have anxiety and i take Zoloft.. not paxil. i used to take paxil but i didnt like the side effects
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    i have anxiety and i take Zoloft.. not paxil. i used to take paxil but i didnt like the side effects
    That's what my husband takes, too. It works really well for him.

Why is this link all that alarming? Paxil lists these side effects on the papers you get from the pharmacist. You should always read this information before taking it. However, you have to understand that these things are rare. If you have not had these issues while being on Paxil, there is no need for you to switch or get off of it.

Why does this shock anyone? Doesn't anyone talk to their doctor or read the literature that comes with their medicine? I also wonder about the legitamacy of this link.

I'm on Prozac, but I am weaning myself off of it right now. It affects my memory to much and it makes me lazy. I'm going to try not taking anything because Mike are trying for a baby.

Thank you Wolfie!

BTW, the only other one I ever tried was Zoloft. It worked great at first, but then I started feeling stoned all the time. Medications work different for everyone.

Thank you Wolfie!

Medications do work differently for evry person. Psychoactive medications are even more unpredictable because we don't know everything there is to know about brain chemistry. Everyone should be careful with whatever medication they may take, and READ the stuff the doctor or pharmacist gives you.

I have never had a medication that did not come with a list of possible side effects, and a list of ones to call the doctor about if they occur - and I'm just taking asthma medication, which is a lot better understood than the human brain.

Originally posted by Soledad
    Why is this link all that alarming? Paxil lists these side effects on the papers you get from the pharmacist. You should always read this information before taking it. However, you have to understand that these things are rare. If you have not had these issues while being on Paxil, there is no need for you to switch or get off of it.

Why does this shock anyone? Doesn't anyone talk to their doctor or read the literature that comes with their medicine? I also wonder about the legitamacy of this link.
    There is no warning label on the bottle I have, nor did our doctor or pharmacist tell us of any side effects. We never got any papers from our pharmacist either.
    I've been BOO'd!

The only thing I knew was a known side effect was lack of sex drive. I talked to the Doctor about the sleeping, but it didn't go anywhere. I was planing on going to the doctor again before I red this thred, I've been dealing with side effects for a long time. I was glad to hear other peoples experiences with this drug.