Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my four inside babies went to the shelter yesterday .... :(

my four inside babies went to the shelter yesterday .... :(

Yesterday was soooo hard for me... .

As much as I know that the kittens are now starting on their road to a long happy life in a forever home.. it broke my heart in a million pieces to drive away without them knowing i will never see their little faces again!!

The place I took them is called Rescue Cats.. they are a no kill shelter who DO screen the applicants who want to adopt.. I found them on petfinder and their website is www.rescuecats.org they really seem like the most perfect place and I know that they are going to treat them kitties so good.. but it felt like I was dropping my own kids off.

Last night I cried and cried because I had to clean the bathroom where they were living.. and it hurts to think about it now..

(i never imagined it would be this hard to give them up)... I guess cause I've worked soooooo hard to earn their trust.. and i love them soooo much..

and i still have two more in the garage that i have yet to catch and tame.. so i will have to go through this even again.. when they are ready to be placed..

but throught all the pain.. there is an overwhelming joy knowing that Macy found my house out of all the houses on my street and now her and her babies will never have to live on the street again..

on the way to the shelter i kept praying and asking God to not let ANYONE adopt them kittens unless they are JUST LIKE ME! so I know they will be taken care of FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.. and when I got to the shelter.. they were playing christian music on their radio.. .. so I believe the Lord was letting me know that He is going to take care of them...

Well..... I hate to think my adventures with the Scooter bugs is about to be over... but I am sooo glad they are getting a chance at a wonderful life!

thanks to everyone here for your support and WONDERFUL advice!! I love all you guys and I would have never ever known how to get through all this without you!!!
    Last edited by Sara luvs her Tinky; 03-05-2004 at 04:58 AM.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Oh, that must have been so hard!!!! Don't know if I could ever foster kittens and then give them up when they're old enough!

Hopefully they'll all find a good permanent place.

Kirsten

I know how hard that must have been! It is a lot of FUN work getting ferals to learn to trust. It's very rewarding and how can you not fall madly in love with such adorable babies? You did a wonderful thing and because of you they have a happy life to look forward to. Macy surely would have had more and more kittens had you not intervened. You have done what I consider one of the hardest things. You loved and then let go so they could move on.
    I believe that your prayers will be answered and they will find wonderful homes!
    You did such a wonderful job with the scooter bugs! Bless you for giving them such a wonderful start in life.

I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS on a successful fostering! This is what we do. We give cats/kittens a chance that they would not have had under different circumstances. We give them ALL our love and teach them that not all humans are bad. And then we say good bye. We cry. We vow that it is too hard to do ever again. And then we do it again.
    Thank you for helping those kittens and thank you for sharing them with us.

Re: my four inside babies went to the shelter yesterday .... :(

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    .. and when I got to the shelter.. they were playing christian music on their radio.. .. so I believe the Lord was letting me know that He is going to take care of them...
    No such thing as coincidence

Your message was so sad and happy at the same time - made me cry. I cannot do the things I read about here - fostering like you, Kim, TNR like Lisa..or shelter work like CCL. But I surely admire what you do. Blessings!~Debbie

Bye Kitties!

Hope you are off to a great life in new homes!!

I just couldn't do it, love then like that, then have to part with then time after time! People like you will surley have a special place in heaven for the great work you do here.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sara,

Like sirrahbed said, there IS no such thing as coincidence. That was God's way to telling you he's watching over them.

Fostering is very difficult. No matter how long you've been doing it, it's still hard to see them go, only HOPING that they will find wonderful furrrever homes. Rescue organizations such as Rescue Cats will take the time and love to make sure your babies will be happy and healthy for a long time to come.

Great job!!! Give yourself a pat on the back and welcome to the elite club known as Rescue!! Elite because it takes a special kind of person to be able to rescue them, socialize them, love them and then have to let them go.

((((hugs)))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I admire you so much - for everything you have done for those kittens, and also for having the strength to love them, and then let them go.

You have given them a precious gift - a wonderful start in life. Now it is time for them to find their furever homes.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

That is so hard , to give them up. I did that once with a little Black Cat , that I had , and I always wonder , to this day , where Jet is , and whether she got a good home. And the sad thing was I didnt want more than six Cats.Now there are13, and Jet would have fit right in, I hope that your Kitties and Jet , got a good Furrever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sad....but happy at the same time.

I checked out their website and they look like a wonderful shelter and I'm sure the babies will all find wonderful homes.

Now on to the other two.....and what about Macy? Will the shelter take her too?

You've done a great job with these kittens and I'm so glad Macy knew to bring them to you. She knew you would take the best care of them and she wouldn't have to worry.

I can't imagine giving them up, but knowing they will be getting good homes is some consolation.

{{{hugs}}} to you for working so hard and helping Macy and her adorable babies.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thank you for giving the scooter bugs a loving start and caring enough to find a shelter that will work hard to find them good homes. We all have loved following these babies and will miss them. Good luck with the kittens still in the garage, I know you will care for them as much as you did the first scooter bugs.
    {{HUGS}} for you.
    Steffi and Lovable

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS on a successful fostering!
    I'll echo that! I'm sure those babies will have loving homes in no time--if I didn't have a houseful, I'd have considered a road trip to adopt sweet little Lady Fuzz (I adore fluffy lap cats).

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Bless you, for being such a great foster mum.

I hope all kits and Macy get furever homes very soon.

Yes the lady said to just email her when ever the other kittens were ready to be placed.. and she said she will take Macy too..

I really really hope someone with a special heart takes Macy ... she is the sweetest BEST MOMMY KAT in the world... and she really deserves a break in life to be spoiled to pieces in a warm FOREVER home!!!

I am home from work and miss my four inside babies so much... I thought about them all day.. I wonder what they are doing now?? They are probably charming the mess out of everyone they meet!! {BIG SIGH}

Do you guys think it would be right if I called that lady (her name is Marinette) in a few days to check on them.... or is that too crazy???

ANYWAY... I will probably take some pics of T and J tonight... I have been camera neglecting them for a while now...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    Do you guys think it would be right if I called that lady (her name is Marinette) in a few days to check on them.... or is that too crazy???
    I think that would be a wonderful idea! That way you get to be updated on them, and Marinette knows that their foster mommy really cares about them and their well being. She seems nice enough if she's willing to take the other two kittens and Macy too, so I would just go ahead and call in a few days. Might not want to call every hour on the hour but I think it would be fine in a few days.

Do they update their website quite often? You could always check their progress on there too, but I know sometimes they aren't updated as quickly as you might want the information.

I'm so happy she said she'd take the other two along with Macy. I'm sure they'll all end up in wonderful homes. They are all adorable kitties - including Macy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl