Thread: Is this a yearly thing?

Is this a yearly thing?

So last year Kharma showed up in our driveway. A starving, affectionate little bag of bones who'd had kittens, wanted pets and yet was afraid.

She's now a happy, too fat, 20 pound, long haired gray beauty. She's a loving, purring piece of my heart!

So several weeks ago a little DMH tiger-like cat showed up on the porch, batting at the glass at the inside cats. He kept coming back to eat and try to play so ... out came the trap.

We got him, took him to the vet, neutered him and named him Tosha. That's Sanskrit for "a state of mental ease." Well, ease was not what he had at first. The dog got into the area of the house where he was, wanting to sniff him. Tosha naturally panicked, broke through a screen and disappeared into the woods.

It took us 6 weeks to trap him again, but we did. We caged in in a 125 pound dog cage. However, the very first night I crawled 1/2 way in to try to pet him. He jumped up and head butted me so hard it hurt my nose. Yeah!

Since then, he's pretty much resided under the bed, but he's no longer afraid of the dog, keeps trying to head butt the other cats, and snuggles, loves, and purrs like he's always lived her.

We're so lucky. 5 cats and counting. Then there are the two dogs we found on the Ohio Interstate this fall. We're up to 3 dogs, too, although those two live at another house we have. Someday, we'll all be together.

Soon we'll be integrating Lady Cat (http://www.cara-adopt.org/ladycat.html) who looks just like Pauley's sister!

I know you guys understand how joy and Oh-My-God-Another-Cat feelings. I'd like to kill the people who dump domesticated, loving babies out in the country, but I'm equally blessed they did it at my house!
    Christine
    Proud & Lucky Mom of Shelby, Morgan, Bentley, Pauley, Tohsa, & Kharma, who misses Scorpio, Sunny, Winchester, Lucy, Hank, Pauley, Laddy & General

"Where there is breath, there is hope."

So I guess I have to update my signature!
    Christine
    Proud & Lucky Mom of Shelby, Morgan, Bentley, Pauley, Tohsa, & Kharma, who misses Scorpio, Sunny, Winchester, Lucy, Hank, Pauley, Laddy & General

I think it is WONDERFUL that you feel blessed that people drop animals off around your house!!! Thank you for helping these sad little throw aways. People are so cruel and disgusting!
    I really understood the part about the joy of seeing a new face but that Oh-My-God-Another-Cat tune starts playing in the head! I had never put that into words before but you said it perfect! Isn't it great to find a place where everyone understands what your talking about???? For the first time in a while I don't feel like the lone nut!!!

Can't wait to see pictures of your wonderful fur family!!

I just saw the link to Lady Cat...She is BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous girl! What a horrid past! Poor baby. It's great that she is going to a wonderful forever home with lots of playmates! Can't wait to hear more stories about her

We are lucky. And crowded.

I think we'll probably bring Lady Cat in around Christmas. She's in a wonderful foster home right now. My fear is that she'll stop eating because of all the cats here. OTOH, the foster home has 13.

She's a beauty! My cats, except for Kharma and General the Dog are on http://www.EveningsFall.com. It's a test site I did for a class, but at least the photos are good. Don't look at anything else, since it's put together badly. I'm proud of my babies, though!
    Christine

I couldn't figure out where to go to see the pictures. You are going to have to post some pics on here or they will go crazy!! We love pics!
    Keep adopting and you will soon catch up with some of us!! I'm not sure if you already know this but six of my nine were feral kittens that we have caught over time and brought in. That is why I really understand the Oh-My-God-Its-Another-Cat attitude! I can't catch the mother and I am constantly waiting for the next batch of kittens to show up! We are full now so I will have to find homes for any more. I have so much trouble giving them up, but my husband may pack up if I try to bring in any more! He swears he has a hairball now!! We really are at our max so heres hoping that some kind soul somewhere managed to do a better job than me and trapped the mama kitty and got her fixed!!! I can only dream!

Congratulations on Tosha! He sounds like a wonderful kitty who just needs to learn to trust again, and it sounds like he has found the best home ever.

I'm so envious that you have the room and the capacity to take these kitties in as they are dumped - and it's so great that you think of it as a blessing! You are a wonderful person for being so kind to all these poor throw aways.

I couldn't figure out the website either, so if you can give us more hints on navigating it, or post pics here, we'd all be soooo grateful.

And even though you have 20 some posts, I haven't seen "met" you yet, so let me say a big hearty Welcome to PT!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'd like to kill the people who dump domesticated, loving babies out in the country
    You and me BOTH!!!

but I'm equally blessed they did it at my house!
    Ditto!!

Congratulations on your latest addition.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sorry ladies!
    I never thought add a captiion that says "click on the cat icons/pictures to see the cats!"

It's about in the middle of the page. I really need to do somethng with that site!

I am lucky. I have a husband that loves these babies as much as I do. He spent all the time Tosha was out in the wild walking around with a flashlight, trying to get a glimpse of him. He's 6'5" tall, and one of the best, heart-warming sights is to come home and see him stretched out on the couch with 3 or 4 cats on or around him. Then, of course, General always has his head or paw on the couch next to him, too.

Frankly, who needs human kids when we have these! They'll never go through adolescence or get arrested, or turn up preggy -- I've seen to that!

And I'm here off and on. More off than on, but for several years at least. I'm not surprised we haven't "met."

Life can be good.
    Christine
    Christine

Originally posted by aStarSeeker
    Sorry ladies!
    I never thought add a captiion that says "click on the cat icons/pictures to see the cats!"
    For some reason when you click on the link you supplied, it goes to some "NPS Internet Service" site. If we delete the "default...." part of it, it works! I thought I tried this yesterday and it didn't work, but today it did, so I got to see your babies! They are all so beautiful! Looks like you spend a lot of time grooming too.

Thanks for explaining the link so I tried again, otherwise I would have missed these sweeties.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thank you! They are beauties. I'm glad you were able to get to them.
    I'll have to fool with it to see if it'll replicate the error. Even if the site is pretty pathetic, my babies are not!
    Christine