Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Periwinkle is amongst the family

Periwinkle is amongst the family

My foster girl, Periwinkle, is out and about.

Five days after her spay, she is exploring bravely the whole house.

Now, I'm seeing a pattern with my boys.

Snowy is truely a friendly boy. He make all sorts of 'sweety' sounds at her. She swats at him, but he thinks they are playing. Now, Zazu, was too rough for him, and he cried. Peri is more gentle and they are getting used to eath other and having fun.

Mr. Jones. What can I say? He let out the same warnings to her as he did to Zazu. He's got no time for these youngsters.

He had a food issue and Snowy got caught in the hubbub. He and Mr. Jones usually switch off food bowls all the time, but when I put down Peri's bowl (not close to Mr. Jones' at all) when Snowy came to switch he got the big growl and the swat.

Also, Mr. Jones will not let her come up on the bed. She's still trying. She managed to get up on one corner when Mr. Jones wash grooming. I talked to him and he let her stay. But, tonight, at his "TV" time, things will be a different story.

So, that's how it goes with constant integrations. I think Snowy it less bored, now with all the excitement.

So, that's a good thing, right?

Do you have any photos of them together?
    I looked back at your other thread about Periwinkle and saw that she is going to be adopted after she recovers from her spay surgery.
    How much longer do you have her then? Enjoy that little cutie while you can!
    Do you have any more foster kitties coming soon?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I am going to try and get some photos together, she on the move all the time!

When her paperwork is done she'll be on her way. Maybe this week end.

I'll be getting another very soon. Maybe a 1 year old flame girl or a tiny 2-3 month old seal kitten.

It's hard to let go, but you gotta make room so the next one can come into your heart.

I would love to see some photos!
    I love looking at www.siameserescue.org
    I love the feet on Tipper from Maryland!

I also think Grace and Shania and Tasha from Florida are beautiful too.
    I think it is great that you can help with the rescues. I would find it very hard to let the fosters go when they find a new home. Siamese are beautiful cats!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I SAW THOSE FEET TOO!

I love them! They look yummy!

Oh what a pretty kitty that is! And he/she's in a resuce? What is wrong with people?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Oh what a pretty kitty that is! And he/she's in a resuce? What is wrong with people?
    T&P,

You can get her! They will transport her to you!

What would your kitties say?

Originally posted by rosethecopycat
    T&P,

You can get her! They will transport her to you!

What would your kitties say?
    I wish. Seems the law is that only 2 cats are allowed in our house. And that is not a city or state law either.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

My mom used to have a siamese named "Tipper" ... oh I do love those extraordinary feet.... how adorable those different colored toesies are!!!!

So glad sweet Periwinkle is coming around, I know it will be hard to say goodbye!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Fawnie is out and about as well!!

Rose,

Isn't it great to FINALLY let your fosters out???

I was suffering from sleep deprivation for 3 night because Fawnie was in the middle bedroom. She had a URI which is now gone thanks to Clavamox. But, in the meantime, she wanted outta there SO bad, she'd yowl and scratch at the door. To keep her from getting lonely, I'd go sleep in that room. Unfortunately, MooShoo, who is my "bed buddy" would have none of it. He would scratch the door relentlessly!!

I wanted to make sure that the fleas, earmites, and URI were gone before I sprung her. I was IMing Naomi (Nomilynn) on Wednesday night and could hear Fawnie from the living room. That's when I decided to let her out. I sat there with the spray bottle in hand waiting for fur to fly.

Believe it or not, things went VERY well!! She crept around the apartment, scoping things out. The only one who was really annoyed was Maya Linn. I was fully prepared to keep jumping out of bed breaking cats up, but it didn't happen.

Aaaaah!! A full nights sleep at last!! Everything has gone well from that point on. I'm very proud of all my babies for accepting her into my house, although temporarily.

I don't know about you, but I find it so much easier to introduce a female into a cat household as opposed to a male.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Like I say....

My boys are falling into a pattern.

Mr. Jones- doesn't want any more cats around

Snowy- I like'em all, let's play!

When I finally get to 'spring' my fosters, I let the boys out on the pool patio, and let the newbie run and check out the house. Periwinkle took two times at doing this as she was mcuh more shy that my little action figure Zazu was.

When they are comfortable with the rooms it makes it mcuh easier to meet a new albeit, resident cat.

We are all getting along well now, even I'm sleeping in my own bed... but, I've got news!

INCOMING! Two cats in desparate need. Will go and pick up on Satuday.

1 year old Flame point girl and a Snowshoe kitten(with URI)

That means Two isolation rooms and Mama wandering between them at night while the husband keeps our boys and Periwinkle placated.

I don't want to overload either. But, they say it's the time of year.

I'll post as soon as I get the new ones.

Rose,

Good luck on your incoming fosters.

I called the Michigan Siamese Rescue to let them know there's a 7 week old chocolate point Siamese kitten in the shelter where I volunteer. She's beautiful and her name is Olivia. I hope they can get her outta there soon.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Be very careful bringing that kitten in with URI!!! They are airborne viruses that can travel through your cooling ducts!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm not taking the kitten. I just wanted to give the Siamese Rescue a heads up about the kitten being at the shelter. There's no room at the inn right now

I love that cat's toes! What unusual markings.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb