Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a call today, yay!

I got a call today, yay!

Today I got a call from the head doctor of the Santa Clara Veterinary Clinic! I was on the phone at the time so he left a message. I called back and they said he won't be there til Monday so hopefully he will call again. I want to go back to work at a vets because I love that job, it's fit for me! So please pray he calls on Monday and that I can get set up for an interview!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I hope you get the job! I'd love to work at a vet clinic!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Congratulations,good luck!
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Well he called back today and I have an interview on Saturday at 8:30 in the morning!!!

This guy is so cool lol. He has twin boys who are 13 months old so we are going to get our kiddos together. Even if I don't get the job Dylan will make new baby friends lol.

He also has a 5 year old and a 17 year old so they are a busy family. I get a tour of the clinic on Saturday and I will be (if I get the job) doing receptionist/vet tech work. It's a tiny clinic. It used to be a house so it's fairly small. But he said they might be moving into a larger place in about 6 months.

I am so excited and I REALLY hope I get this job!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

You said "head doctor" and Im thinking, Uh ohh...

But then I finshed reading it!!

Fingers and paws crossed here for you that it will work out as you wish!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

How exciting for you If I could do things over again I would work in a vet's office as well. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Good luck on your job interview!!!!! You have experience with animals thats for sure!

I just don't know how you handle all the things in your life - a baby and pets and a new dog even! I could never do it anymore thats for sure. I thought you were going to school this month? Got a baby sitter lined up for Dylan or is Dan home?

Originally posted by sammi
    Good luck on your job interview!!!!! You have experience with animals thats for sure!

I just don't know how you handle all the things in your life - a baby and pets and a new dog even! I could never do it anymore thats for sure. I thought you were going to school this month? Got a baby sitter lined up for Dylan or is Dan home?

My baby is a very good child lol, my mother says I got lucky lol. I will have to cut down on breeding once I have this job, which would be part time. My doggie....um Dan kinda stole her from me lol! He keeps taking her to work with him. I know it's good and everythig but she's my doggie too! LOL Yep I go to school, but I am taking telecourses and a class on Saturday....which I didn't get to sign up for but it's open all the time anyway.....just a lame basic class.

Dylan will go to his grandmas house on the weekdays and Dan will sit on Saturday. I am trying to get Saturdays so that we won't have to pay for daycare on a day I am working. But I will only be working three days a week if I get the job...I mean weekdays, and then hopefully Saturday! They are only open half day on Saturday so I will still get my weekends to spend time with family, cage cleaning etc. It's really not as tough as it seems, I can handle a lot at once. I know what my limit is, and right now I would say it's at it's maximum capacity hehe.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Good luck with the interview!

Good Luck with the Interview! Sounds like you have a very busy schedule!!

YAY I got the job!!!!!

I got the job!!!!

I'm so excited! I start on Monday and will be there ALL day! From 7 to around 5 or so. So I will be working on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays....hopefully. He still needs to decide which days he really needs the help on. He says it's really busy in the mornings so I will start work pretty early. He also said I can work Saturdays once I get the hang of everything and how the place runs etc. But the good thing is that they rotate Saturdays and they are only open from 9-12 on those days, so I will get off early and sometimes get a full weekend! It's the PERFECT job and I knew I waited for a reason.

The place is kinda small. They actually bought the other place already and next Friday will be moving all the paperwork etc. over to the new building and then on Monday I will need to go to the new building lol. I met the shop cat who was a little torti girl. She's a 16 year old kitty and oh so cute! All the staff are very nice as well. They do wildlife rehab and a lot of exotics! So I just might have a new ratty vet. They see servals and everything....man I am gonna love this job! heeeeeeeeeeeee hehe

Their surgery area is small but they do have something cool, a hydrolic dog table! That is great since I have a bad back I don't have to lift 60 pound doggies. They have a VERY old metal weight table for dogs and the thing is so cool looking. It's like an antique! I want it lol. It's made out of copper or something like that...very old.

There was a cute red eared slider turtle there who had an abscess in her ear. She also needed some vitamin E treatment for her eyes as they were a little puffy. The lady who brought the turtle in wanted to keep it, but it is a wild turtle and they are now illegal here in captivity unless you bought them years ago from a petshop.

But anyways I start Monday lol. It's the perfect schedule for me. I know I am going to love it there!!! Thanks for everyones kind words of encouragement and good luck vibes!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Congratulations, and good luck!

Congratulations! It sound like a great job...

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

will you be doing vet assistant work?? I would love to do this myself but not sure how to go about it....I hope you get the job though!!

Wife to Steve and Mother to:
    Samuel Thomas 8/31/96 Amber Nicole 3/9/98
    Elizabeth Rose 12/14/99 Shalee Robyn 6/24/92
    Rocky 6/02
    Fluffy 11/02