Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parents PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful!!!!!

Parents PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful!!!!!

Last night my son Dylan (15 months) got his foot stuck in between the
    wooden slats on his Jenny Lind crib. These are VERY expensive cribs
    but are still the slats should be spaced closer together. His crib
    meets all the standards they must meet and everything but this STILL
    happened.

He went to bed at 9 pm, and around 10:30 I heard him start screaming
    so loud. I ran into the bedroom turned on the light and saw his foot
    stuck in bewteen the bars. I screamed for Dan totally panicking
    because I couldn't get his foot out. I was crying so bad. I had to
    pull the crib out and twist his leg to get his foot free. I was a
    wreck. I cannot stand to see him get hurt. His foot is bruised and
    I will be taking pictures and sending it to the company. I don't know
    how I am to prevent this from happening again, only pray to god it
    doesn't happen again.

So please if your baby cries check on him every time like I do. Dan
    often says to let him cry and he will go back to bed but I knew this
    time something was wrong. A mother knows!!!!

During this time I was holding my three velveteen two week old babies
    when I heard Dylan crying. My mind reacted so fast I didn't know
    where I had put my babies. I had thrown them down in the crib to help
    Dylan. After Dylan was free I remembered about my babies and started
    freaking out. They were in the crib unharmed but still, it was very
    nervewracking to have your son trapped and them you not even knowing
    where you through your fur children during that time. I guess I just
    thre them down not even thinking. My god, I felt so horrible after.
    Thank goodness they were all fine. What a night I tell you. Something
    I DO NOT want to go through again!!!!

I am sorry this is messed up but just typing about this makes me cry.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

oh, i am so glad that dylan is okay. that would be really scary. i remember when my brother would be using the walker (to help him walk ) we would always have to close the gate to downstairs. well, one night my sister forgot to. i remember it so perfectly. i was coloring in my barbie coloring book when i heard a loud BOOM and then a scream. my brother had "walked" down the stairs. my mom and dad were freaking out. they brought us to my aunts house and took my bro to the hospital. not even a scratch on him. it was like a miracle. i am so careful now with little babies and whenver i hear a scream or cry i freak.

thansk for the warning. please send the pictures to the company so they can learn

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I don't have children, so this question may seem dumb.

But, would those bumper pad things help at all? Not sure if that's what they are called.

Poor Dylan.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

They would be they are supposed to be removed at a certain age so that they do not use them to climb out of the crib.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Poor Dylan, how scary for everyone Thank God it all worked out OK.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

How Scary!!
    I don't have children, but thank you for the warning anyway.
    I am so glad that Dylan, you and your babies are ok!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

poor dylan! im so glad he is ok! glad you checked on him!

please do send pics to the company!

Oh, poor Dylan! I hope that never happens again!

I remember a few Christmas's ago, my uncle Nick gets seizures (sp?) every once in a while, and he was carrying my little cousin Nicholas down the stairs, (he's about 4 now), and he had a seizure, and he fell face first down the stairs, with little Nicholas in his arms. It was so scary. My dad helped him onto the couch, my Aunt Liz grabbed Nicholas, and my Papa called 911. he was ok, but it was soo scary!

Sorry for blabbing!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

what an awful experience for you, and your baby!
    but something makes me think it will not be the last time, he scares you...since he is a boy! my mother had 4 boys and has stories lol!

Im sorry your baby got hurt, how is he now?

Another scary thing - my boyfriend was at Best Buy the other day and a 2 year old fell out of a shopping cart. She had been standing in the back and the mom had a baby in the front seat, the little girl saw something, grabbed for it, and went over the side - hitting her head hard on the cement floor. They called the paramedics and the girl was OK, but my BF was seriously freaked out - he said if he had been 2 steps ahead of where he was he could have grabbed her before she hit the floor.

I also have a Jenny Lind crib which I did not use until my little girl started sleeping through the night. It was the first night I put her in the crib to sleep. I went in the next morning and she was still asleep but her one leg was also between the slats sticking out. Since she was only a couple months old, she did not have any bruising or trauma like your little one did. I also had the bumper pad in the crib and it didn't prevent it. But at 18 mths. of age a bumper pad would be a danger. Dylan could use it to climb out.
    I know the feeling of having a child's leg stuck. When visiting my aunt my daughter got her leg stuck in their chair. She was three at the time. We had to get hand cream and cream her leg up to get it out. We worked on it for about five minutes and it was one of the scariest times in my life. The other scary time was when my husband fell down the steps holding her. He did a wonderful job of protecting her but he had suffered a pretty good back injury. They basically slid down on his back and he had her safely in his arms.
    I'm glad Dylan is okay but as a parent I have to tell you there are going to be many times when you are going to be scared, expecially if you have a little daredevil for a boy. Hopefully Jenny Lind will change their cribs after seeing the pictures.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I'm glad to hear Dylan is okay and also glad you're sending pictures to the company, especially since you aren't the only one that has experienced it.

MANY years ago (32 to be exact) before they had consumer laws on cribs, car seats, etc., my nephew was in his crib (wooden slat, don't know the brand) screaming. We ran upstairs and his knee was bent, caught between the slats. We had to use Vaseline to get it out. His knee swelled and bruised but he was basically okay.

I hope the company responds to your complaint. I would also send copies of the pictures to consumer protection. Could this crib need a recall??? Makes me wonder.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Im glad Dylan was ok!I sort of remember something about getting my foot caught in the crib when I was a baby.My mom had to come and unstick it,and I remember I was crying.They should really make cribs safer so babies dont get too badly hurt.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Poor baby! My mom told me a story of my brother when he was just 8 months old. She put him in his crib after rocking him to sleep and left. A few minutes later, she heard crying and screaming coming from the room! She ran and found my brother on the ground crying! He had a huge bruise on his head. The next day when my mom put him to sleep, she stayed in the room to see what he was up to. He woke up, stood by holding the crib bars, and jumped up and down as high as he could! He was about to flip over and fall on the ground again but my mom caught him just in time! Babies.

I'm so glad Dylan is ok. You should always keep your ears open when there's a baby in the house.

Don't just report it to the company. Call Consumer Reports! http://www.consumerreports.org Ask if there have been any other complaints or if they have reviewed the crib.
    But, still do inform the company! And if the company doesn't care, report them to the Better Business Bureau! www.bbb.org.

Companies need to be held accountable for their products! And if it takes threatening them with lawsuits for them to correct the problem, then so be it.

I hope the babies okay. No bone damage or sprained ankles.