Greetings, Dory in Northern Ireland! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a heart-wrenching, heartwarming, life affirming backstory and happy homecoming tale is yours, Dory! My eyes filled with happy tears learning of your improbable rescue, your transformation from that tiny, terribly ill kitten to the big, beautiful, happy and healthy, much loved boy we meet here today!

Endless thanks to your furever human for her/his tireless dedication and unconditional love, bottle feeding your wee, ailing self 'round the clock after having been rejected by your fur mom, watching over you as you slept in your carrier beside her, doing all in her power to assure that one day you and she/he would be as one.

His mother had rejected him so I took him on. I was up every 4 hours bottle feeding him and a very lovely, local Vet started treating him for the cat flu. He slept in a carrier beside my bed at night and went everywhere with me during with the day. It broke my heart knowing that I couldn't take him home with me when the trip was over, so I inquired about getting him a pet passport. The Vet was very helpful and promised to get him back to full health.
And of course, many thanks to the kindly vet who cured your kitty flu those many years ago, and to foster mum Lori for providing you comfort and care during the transition, to both of them for their very important roles in helping to make your and your human's love story a reality, including providing you with that most important pet passport! It's takes a village, indeed!

How lucky your human is, Dory, how well her/his compassion and commitment have been rewarded, having been blessed with a fur baby as special as you, having known your love and devotion the past 11 years and counting! More than a pet, or even a furry friend, you're family; your human's Cat of a Lifetime! You truly are a miracle kitty, Dory, a fighter and survivor, simply the best!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Reading your human's very moving tribute, seeing your heart-melting photos (from infancy to adulthood!), learning of the very special place you two hold in one another's hearts and lives has been pure joy! I hope you're being treated to a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart...nesting and napping in your human's dresser, hehe; savoring some yummy treats; receiving countless cuddles, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Dory, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Before and after!!!