Thread: Darling Delightful Dory!

Darling Delightful Dory!

Dearest Dory, what a darling and delightful kitty you are indeed! You are so beautiful, with that snow-white fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the cute pink nose and those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! It is so nice to see you at different times in your life. What an utterly adorable, precious little kitten you were, so small and so thin and so ill. What a fantastic recovery you've made! And in the middle picture, how did your nose get that smudge? I wish I could reach through the screen and over the sea to Northern Ireland and pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what an incredible story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrson-to-be was volunteering in a foreign animal welfare department when she/he first met you. You were three weeks old, very thin and ill with cat flu, and your mother had rejected you. Your Purrrson took you in and was bottle-feeding you every four hours. A wonderful local vet treated you for the flu. When it was time for your Purrrson to go home, with the vet's help you got a pet passport so you could join her/him there one day! A lovely lady named Lori fostered you until you were well enough to travel. My deepest gratitude to your dear vet and dear Lori for looking after you so well, you were finally ready to go join your Purrrson!

And nine months later, you came Home to Northern Ireland! Your Purrrson couldn't believe how big you'd gotten. You settled right in to your new home and began leaving your mark on the place. You kick clothes out of a drawer so you can sleep there, or you try to break into the treat jar. You love nothing better than sitting on her head when she's trying to sleep! And she wouldn't change a thing. You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Dory, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and vet and Lori and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dory the Survivor!

Greetings, Dory in Northern Ireland! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a heart-wrenching, heartwarming, life affirming backstory and happy homecoming tale is yours, Dory! My eyes filled with happy tears learning of your improbable rescue, your transformation from that tiny, terribly ill kitten to the big, beautiful, happy and healthy, much loved boy we meet here today!

Endless thanks to your furever human for her/his tireless dedication and unconditional love, bottle feeding your wee, ailing self 'round the clock after having been rejected by your fur mom, watching over you as you slept in your carrier beside her, doing all in her power to assure that one day you and she/he would be as one.

His mother had rejected him so I took him on. I was up every 4 hours bottle feeding him and a very lovely, local Vet started treating him for the cat flu. He slept in a carrier beside my bed at night and went everywhere with me during with the day. It broke my heart knowing that I couldn't take him home with me when the trip was over, so I inquired about getting him a pet passport. The Vet was very helpful and promised to get him back to full health.
    And of course, many thanks to the kindly vet who cured your kitty flu those many years ago, and to foster mum Lori for providing you comfort and care during the transition, to both of them for their very important roles in helping to make your and your human's love story a reality, including providing you with that most important pet passport! It's takes a village, indeed!

How lucky your human is, Dory, how well her/his compassion and commitment have been rewarded, having been blessed with a fur baby as special as you, having known your love and devotion the past 11 years and counting! More than a pet, or even a furry friend, you're family; your human's Cat of a Lifetime! You truly are a miracle kitty, Dory, a fighter and survivor, simply the best!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Reading your human's very moving tribute, seeing your heart-melting photos (from infancy to adulthood!), learning of the very special place you two hold in one another's hearts and lives has been pure joy! I hope you're being treated to a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart...nesting and napping in your human's dresser, hehe; savoring some yummy treats; receiving countless cuddles, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Dory, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Before and after!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~