Thread: Fur Angel Basinga~

Fur Angel Basinga~

Dear fur angel Basinga, a.k.a. "The B!"

What a big, beautiful Norwegian Forest Cat you were, sweetheart; 21 impressive pounds of pure love and heart! I was so moved, reading your human's love filled tribute to her best boy, poring over the many gorgeous, heart-metling photos she included with her tribute. That photo of you cuddling so sweetly with your bestie, dear brother Neo, brought a tear to my eye, and your action shot so perfectly captures you in all of your Norwegian Forest Cat magnificence!

You may not have been a planned addition to the family, your humans doing their best to resist your many charms, but you had other ideas and once in the door it wouldn't be long before you had stolen their hearts.

Needless to say, two days later the little orange ball of fuzz was in "our" house and staking his claim. We tried to give him away but to no avail. He was the cutest thing ever...and was soon accompanied by ANOTHER wetland kitty, Neo. It was a rough start for Neo since Basinga was not shy about letting him know just whose house this was ! But eventually they totally loved each other and were the masters of all the land. Well, all three acres of it anyway!

Those Eugene wetlands must be truly magical (if not the porta-potty) to have delivered to your family 2 such beautiful furkids. It was destined to be!

I'm so sorry you had to leave your family and Neo for the Rainbow Bridge, sweetheart. I can only imagine how your family misses you...the sight of all 21 lbs of you sliding and skidding across floor at the sound of that fork dinging against your bowl; holding your big, warm, beautiful body in their arms, rubbing that soft, fluffy belly; watching with pride at the sight of you and Neo cuddling together so sweetly after a long day surveying your acreage. But I hope they take comfort knowing your time apart is only temporary, for one wonderful day in the distant future you and your family will be together again! So until that happy day of reunion, run healthy and whole at the Rainbow Bridge, playing with all of our beloved fur angels, feasting at the never closed all you can eat buffet, basking in the warmth of the light!

To Basinga's family...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful boy Basinga, a.k.a. Singe, Bah-sin-Jobby, Tail, Fuzz Bomb, Fuzz Bottom and Big Fuzz with us, a few of your cherished memories and so many utterly heart-melting photos; giving us the chance to pay tribute to just how special he was. How lucky you were to have known his love and companionship those wonderful 15 years. He truly was a gentle giant, an unexpected treasure, a gem.

Forever loved...

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Angel Basinga

There are few if any cats as big, majestic and LOVING as Maine coons and Norwegian Forest cats- every one I've been owned by has been a total love, full of fun and occasional mischief, totally loyal, extremely smart- but some have been LITTLE cats, too- my Kramer (COTD at one point many years ago) was only about 8 lbs at his heaviest- but so gorgeously beautiful- and SMART and graceful too-

And they're so loving that their people AND THEIR FELLOW CATS miss them acutely- I feel for your loss, and Neo's, too- when Kramer finally passed his best buddy Sammy (also former COTD) was mourning for weeks- I still miss Kramer--

One of the high points of my life was a NJ cat show where I met a 'retired' show-cat Maine coon, orange tabby, a majestic and mellow 33-pound mass of dignity and friendliness-- what a sight! He was bigger than a full-grown lynx I'd met once in northern CA at a nature reserve- and MUCH more beautiful -

CONGRATS on being posthumous COTD beautiful big Basinga--

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Dearest Basinga Angel, a.k.a. Singe, Bah-sin-Jobby, Tail, Fuzz Bomb, Fuzz Bottom, Big Fuzz, and "The B," what a stunningly beautiful and majestic Norwegian Forest Cat Angel you are! You're absolutely gorgeous with that long, bushy, flowing orange and white fur from head to tail, and that sweet face with that cute pale-pink nose and those long white whiskers and eyebrows and those lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing so those great photos with us! How nice to see you out enjoying the snow. That thick coat is totally luxurious and I'm sure would do a great job keeping out the cold winter air in Norway, let alone Eugene, OR, and those huge paws are great for snowshoeing. And what a great shot of you and your dear kitty pal Neo cuddling up together. I wish I could reach through the screen and ...all the way to the Rainbow Bridge! ..to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know the other Angels are all petting you for me .

And what a delightful rescue story you and your dear Purrrsons have to tell! They found you living under a porta-potty out in the wetlands one day. You came out meowing, and even though they already had a cat, two days later you were Home! And soon you brought Neo, another wetland kitty, home. You took a little time getting adjusted to each other, but soon you were best of friends. You two were best buddies who caroused, fought, ate, and slept together for 14 years.

We're so sorry to learn you were lost to cancer in 2018. My deepest sympathy to your dear Purrrsons and Neo, who love you and miss you and grieve you so very much. Now you are a glorious Angel, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, watching over them and sending down love. Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to reassure them that all is well, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day. You and they all love each other very much. What a wonderful love-filled home you have shared and always will!

Congratulations, darling Basinga Angel, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Neo and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and precious memories and all your favorite games and treats. We know the other Angels are all rejoicing with you at the Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 03-08-2021 at 06:32 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery