Thread: Sunny the Survivor!!!

Sunny the Survivor!!!

Hi Sunny, a.k.a. "Son of Gun's Bullet! Congratulations on being crowned Pet of the Day, sweetheart!!!

What a brave, beautiful Paint you are, Sunny; a fighter and survivor; a gentle giant with a heart of gold!

My heart breaks, learning of the horrific, unspeakable abuse you suffered at the hand of that wretched person, your former "owner." I can't fathom how anyone could mistreat an animal as you were mistreated. Thankfully you were rescued before any more harm could come to you, finding your way to that truly committed human, that loving forever home you so rightly deserved. We can't thank your human enough for her/his unwavering devotion, doing all in her/his power to heal you, physically and emotionally! Just as your human says, your transformation is testament to the healing power of time, patience and unconditional love.

I originally got him to be a project and for him to be my go-to horse once I retire my mare. After three years and quite a few falls later not to mention the setbacks from injuries, the hours of training, and thoughts of giving up on him, he was close enough to being able to take over for my mare. That year we started going to some fun shows, judged trail rides, and in his first camping trip.
    Yes, it took some time for you to heal, but how well rewarded your human's commitment has been rewarded. And oh, aren't you living the good life, participating in fun shows, judged trail rides...your FIRST camping trip; enjoying every minute of life to its fullest! No doubt it was destined to be, that you and your human would find your way to one another, and what a terrific team you two make!

He has been such a great horse since then! He will follow me without a halter or lead, rides bareback in just a halter, and gives kisses on command. He crosses almost anything without question except for white things, which he's still scared of. Sunny has basically turned into a gentle giant with time, TLC, and quite a bit of patience.
    Kisses on command? Now that alone makes you a star in my book! How lucky your human is, having a brave, beautiful, gentle and loving best friend and family member in you, Sunny! You truly are a treasure, and your indomitable spirit and will to live an inspiration to us all!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, Sunny! And thanks to your human for nominating you, giving us the chance to pay tribute to you and the very special bond of love and trust you and she/he share! Enjoy your big day of honor, spending special time with your human...giving and receiving tons of kisses; munching on some yummy apple, carrot or peppermint; being loved and pampered to pieces; treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love and a BIG hug to you, brave, beautiful Sunny, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful Sunny!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Sunny, a.k.a. Sun of a Gun's Bullet, what a beautiful Paint Horse you are! And what a story you have to tell! I join my dear friend tatsxxx11 in horror and heartbreak upon learning of your cruel mistreatment at the hands of your former so-called "owner." I am so very sorry you had to endure all that, and I am so very, VERY glad and grateful that you found your way to your dear present Forever Person. She/he took you on as a rescue and a project with plans to take over from his/her mare. Thanks to all the hard work you and she/he did together over three years, now you are a whole new happy being in terrific condition! What a difference between those two photos. You look so shabby and sad in the first but then absolutely gorgeous and so content in the second! With time, TLC, and quite a bit of patience, you've been such a great horse ever since, the gentle giant you were always meant to be! You and your dear person love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Sunny, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear person and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 01-25-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sunny

Name:  large (1).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  12.6 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    You are proof that patience pays off.
    You were mistreated so it took some time to trust.
    Now you have a wonderful home.
    Celebrate your special day

What a beautiful Paint horse you are, Sunny.

I am sorry for the abuse you went through with your former owner.

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana