Thread: Sweet, gentle Oscar!

Sweet, gentle Oscar!

I adopted Oscar and his brother Felix when they were six months old. They were born to a semi-feral mother and didn't have a lot of human contact as kittens so they are very shy around strangers.

Oscar is 20 pounds of soft, furry love. He has the softest fur I've ever felt on a cat and I love to bury my face in it when we have morning snuggle time. He is very shy and spends a lot of time under the bed. When he's feeling brave he likes to sleep on his climber or sit on the deck if it's sunny. He is an indoor only cat so his deck time is very special to him! We have a little hummingbird that likes to zip over him which gets him very excited. I think he dreams about being a mighty hunter, but the biggest thing he's had the opportunity to catch is a moth. Which he then gagged on as he tried to eat it.

Brother Felix was taken from us at a young age by cancer, but Oscar still has a sister, Clio. Oscar is very sweet to her and gives her kisses as they wait for me to feed them each morning. Oscar's best friend is my mom's tiny cat, Lily. Lily spends a lot of time at my house as her parents travel quite a bit. Oscar helped to raise her when we took her in as a feral kitten. He would sleep with her under his chin and give her baths. They love to chase and play and sleep under the bed together.

One of Oscar's greatest joys is being brushed. I only have to hold up the brush and he comes running to jump up on the couch next to me. He would be happy to be brushed all day long, but his jealous sister is usually trying to push him out of the way. When I take a moment to brush that sister, he will sit next to us and lick her head as I brush.

He is one of the sweetest, most gentle cats I've ever known and my love for him knows no bounds!
    Hello, Oscar in Washington! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are! Your coat is so fluffy and looks very soft to pet! I like your sweet grey and white face!

You are a very special best friend to Lily, a kitty you helped to raise. When she comes to your house, you sleep under the bed or play together! You have a kitty-sister Clio, with whom you wait for your breakfast each day! You are an indoor kitty, but you go out on the deck when the weather is fine! You love to be brushed and even sit near Clio when it's her turn. You are sweet and gentle! Best of all- you are a greatly loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Oscar, and love to Clio and Lily too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Oscar, you are absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous guy you are, with that luxurious, fluffy, medium-length grey and white fur that looks so soft (and I'd love to bury my face in that fur, too!). You have the sweetest face, with those long white whiskers and eyebrows, that cute pink nose with a grey spot, and those lovely golden eyes. You are so comfortable and relaxed and those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Everett, WA to pet you, and pet your sister Clio and your best friend Lily, too. I'd love to brush you all, too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet and brush you all for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! You and your brother Felix were born to a feral mother and were adopted by your dear Purrrsons at age six months. We're so sorry that Felix was taken from your family by cancer at a young age. We're glad you have your sister Clio with you. You're very sweet to her, giving her kisses as you two await your breakfast. Your best friend is Lily, who spends a lot of time at your home. You helped raise her when she was taken in as a feral kitten, sleeping with her under your chin and giving her baths. You love chasing and playing and sleeping under the bed with her. You and Clio both love being brushed, don't you. You and Clio and Lily and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Oscar, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Clio and Lily and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, and maybe a special round of brushing for all. We know that Felix Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful Oscar!

Hi Oscar! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous, hunky and handsome, oh so fluffy boy you are, Oscar; 20 lbs of pure love; a gentle giant for sure! Well, there was that one time...

We have a little hummingbird that likes to zip over him which gets him very excited. I think he dreams about being a mighty hunter, but the biggest thing he's had the opportunity to catch is a moth. Which he then gagged on as he tried to eat it.

You may daydream
    of one day being that mighty hunter but still, catching that pesky moth is a pretty impressive feat in its own right (if not too tasty)!

What a wonderful day that was, Oscar, the day your mom opened up her home and heart to you and brother Felix! I'm so sorry to hear Felix didn't make it, but so happy knowing that one beautiful, most deserving boy named Oscar is living the peaceful and carefree, safe and love filled life he always deserved! How lucky your mom is, having a furkid as beautiful, as gentle and loving, as sweet as you, Oscar! You truly are a treasure, simply the best!

Thanks to your mom for sharing your heartwarming rags to riches story with us, Oscar. Meeting you has put the biggest smile on my face! I hope you enjoyed a very special day of celebration... playing and cuddling with your dear sister Clio and bestie, adopted "daughter" Lily; sunning yourself on your deck, dreaming of that big hunt; being loved and pampered to pieces by your proud mom! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Oscar, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Clio and Lily, too!

Precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a handsome, loveable, boy you are Oscar. Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana