Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Home at the end of the work Day...

Going Home at the end of the work Day...

My favorite time of the day is at the end of the work day when I get to go home. I never thought there would be anything as pleasant as seeing my Lab Casey's face waiting in the window. Now that she is gone, Buddy (cat) has taken over. I drive down my driveway and there is Buddy with his paws on the windowsill standing up waiting for me.

By the time I get to the parking area of my driveway he has zoomed through the house to the back sliding doors. Between the time it takes me to get out of the car and get to the house he goes back and forth from the sliding door to the back door in my mud room. I know this because I have watched and he will disappear for a few minutes and then appear again at the sliding door if I don't come in fast enough for him.

I am sure my fellow cat owners/lovers here go through the same thing.

I come in the door and its meow, meow, purr, purr. I pick him up and hold him and nuzzle his fur and he leans into my shoulder as if to say...I missed you mom. Sometimes he lets me hold him longer depending on how starving he is.

While I'm getting the food into his bowl he is making numerous happy sounds and head bumping me.

Ahhhh...I love my kitty!

Awwww, how sweet! Yes, there's nothing like a pet to make you glad to be home!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww!!!! Moon is demonstrative like that...Bean...when he wants to be; but that's my Bean.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Aren't our fur kids wonderful??? I get the same type of reaction when I get home, even if I've only been gone for an hour.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am sure Buddy can recognize the sound of your car even before he can see it, and I can just picture how exited he gets... yeah, momma is home! It warms your heart.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Cassie and I have a similar routine. She doesn't always come to the door. Sometimes I find her on my bed, waking from a nap, and I can just plop down and snuggle her. Sometimes she is under the love seat, and she comes out when she's ready. But I get the "I love you; I'm glad you're home; now please feed me" meow most days.

Edited to add: Buddy, I looked at the photos in your album - I am sure you are a total joy to come home to! You sure are cute! Gentle little *kiss* from me to Buddy, Mama and Tink.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yup in the morning when I get up. When I come home, etc.

Love or food, either one.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, I know that routine very well! My three take turns sitting in the front window watching my car's progress down the driveway. They seldom miss a day. I love them all so much!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Aren't cats just a joy? Snow and I have the same routine, mornings when I first wake up and afternoons when I come home from school.

RIP Sally

My Found Cats are all awaiting me when I return home , all meeowing and pointing to thier plates that are now Fancy Feast and Pro Plan Canned food empty.
    When one of My more Outdoor Cats are out on the Ebony Beau Tubster Memorial Enclosure they jump up and make swimming motions on the glass to let me know that they are there.
    It si so good taht The Found Cat Hotel is fuller now and that the streets are emptier.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh I remember this! Back when I lived in the apartment and had cats only. Amber (RB Mr. Amber Cat) would be out on the balcony watching for me to pull in to the parking lot. Sparkle would meet me at the door, all arched back and purrs, lol. Gosh that was at least 11 years ago! Another tenant once told me, "I always know I made it home to the right place, Amber comes out on the balcony and watches me walk in to the building. " Ha haaa

Yes, I too can relate. Usually Alani & Blaze are by themselves in the main part of my condo and they see me and come up for pets. The other 4 are usually in my bedroom and I open up the door to let them out. Pearl is always chatting at me to let me know about her day. Sometimes I see Ziggy in the window as I'm walking up to my condo. I wave at her and I bet she recognizes the sound of my car. Years ago one of my roommates told me that she always knew when I was coming home because my cats Pepper and Storm would be sitting at the front door. I'm sure that they not only recognized the sound of my car but also my footsteps.

Before I leave for work in the morning, I'll have some coffee and snuggle with Groucho. At times he'll actually crawl into my back-pack just before it's time to head out. At the end of the day when I get in, Groucho is sitting at the door waiting. He starts with meows, goes on his back for tummy rubs, then as soon as I sit down he jumps up, puts his head on my shoulder and gently strokes my face with his paw. No matter how my day was, Groucho's welcome home makes everything okay.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Before I leave for work in the morning, I'll have some coffee and snuggle with Groucho. At times he'll actually crawl into my back-pack just before it's time to head out. At the end of the day when I get in, Groucho is sitting at the door waiting. He starts with meows, goes on his back for tummy rubs, then as soon as I sit down he jumps up, puts his head on my shoulder and gently strokes my face with his paw. No matter how my day was, Groucho's welcome home makes everything okay.
    I love this!

Dear Kitties, have you been whispering to Cassie? She was unusually cuddly this morning. Purrs and head bumpies. She is usually snuggly at night, not so much in the morning.

could you all give your welcome-home greeters some hugs, petting and lovies from us too, please.
    & purrs --
    Cassie and Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678