Thread: Taffy pics!

Taffy pics!

Today was Taffy's first greyhound reunion in our rescue group. She was squirmy around the other dogs, but I got a few quick shots of her!

She loves the car.

Here's the beautiful park the reunion was held in!

She sees somethin'.

She was really skinny and wouldn't put on weight easily when we got her, so I don't have as many pics of her as I want. Plus, she's extremely twitchy, lucky I got these! She had a great day, and was so happy to be with her greyhound friends!
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Your Taffy is a beautiful dog. You did good to rescue her. Today's DOTD (Oct 16) is a rescued greyhound. It's terrible that they are just thrown away. I'm sure your Taffy has a wonderful home and is loved. The pond and trees are very pretty. Thanks for the pics.

Thank you . She's a real sweetheart. I saw that the DOTD is a greyhound today, was excited to see that! Wonderful, loving breed, and they go through quite a lot in their years on the track. Taff is actually only 3, never raced but was at a track in WV.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Taffy's a beauty! What a nice place!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hello, beautiful tail-waggin' Taffy! You look like you are wearing a tuxedo with your black and white coat -- I like the tip of your tail, just a bit of white -- like you dipped your tail in a dish of milk I am sure your person will serve you just the right food so you aren't under- or over-weight. I've read that greyhounds don't have a lot of fat on their body so they will sometimes rest on a dog blanket or pillow. I see you are on your soft cushion in the car Big hug to you today, sweety, I am glad you went to the reunion, rode in the car and saw all those neat things! What a lovely setting for a reunion! I hope you will have a very long, happy, fun life, pretty girl
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a beautiful dog! Thanks for sharing pictures

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Thanks all . Cassiesmom, you are right, they don't have a lot of body fat. In the winter I'll post pics of her decked out in her warm doggy coat and "snood" (protects the neck from cold). This dog loves everything, she has a happy life ahead of her. I think that's why she flunked the track training, she knew she was meant to go straight to a home .
    Last edited by ToBeEvergreen; 10-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

Such great pictures! Taffy is an absolutely gorgeous dog!!! I love Greyhounds!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

She has the longest nose I have ever seen, even for a greyhound! She surely knows she is living the good life now!
    I've Been Frosted

Her tail is longer than most too, ha. "Taffy" is a very appropriate name for her due to that (and because she's so sweet :3).
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

She's so pretty. Looks like she had a great time!

I really want a Greyhound someday.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    She's so pretty. Looks like she had a great time!

I really want a Greyhound someday.
    I could help with that, if you live near CT . Ha, my mother is actually one of our group's placement representatives.

They're generally very sweet-tempered and friendly, it's a great breed.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew