Thread: Yellow fur

Yellow fur

This is too weird. Melissa had me groom Lady today. Lady is a german shorthair--mostly white. And on one of her back feet she had a yellow stain. It covered about half of her foot. I tried everything to get it off.....I really scrubbed it........even tried whitening shampoo and grease magic shampoo. Neither of us have a clue where it came from. Any ideas on how to get it off?

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I don't know how to get it off but I know what it might be. It might be a urine stain, I know that it happens to male dogs every now and then but I've never seen it happen to a female.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

There was a post about keeping Seven, remember him?, clean. He's a pure white dog. See here for "keeping a white dog clean" that has suggestion you might find helpful ...

I don't have a solution, but that reminds me of a funny story. When I first got Bandit, I wanted to give him a bath. He is mostly black and white, but he has a little brown on him too - mostly on his armpits and haunches. Anyways, he had gotten a little poopy (you know how puppies are) and there were two little spots on his front legs that I couldn't wash off. I tried scrubbing and scrubbing, but nothing would get rid of those stains. Only later did I realize they were part of his coloring, and not stains!

I work as a pet groomer and if dish soap (Palmolive or Dawn) doesn't work you may just have to let it grow out. Just make sure to rinse really well, because soap left in the coat can irritate.

Originally posted by boscibo
    I don't have a solution, but that reminds me of a funny story. When I first got Bandit, I wanted to give him a bath. He is mostly black and white, but he has a little brown on him too - mostly on his armpits and haunches. Anyways, he had gotten a little poopy (you know how puppies are) and there were two little spots on his front legs that I couldn't wash off. I tried scrubbing and scrubbing, but nothing would get rid of those stains. Only later did I realize they were part of his coloring, and not stains!
    LOL!!! My mom did this to my little sister. Scrubbed and scrubbed at a spot on her leg until she realized it was another birthmark!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

LOL my pup comett when we first got him he didnt lift his leg while goin ya know. so we were gettin a lil worried cuz most male dogs lift their leg. We started watchin my other male dog Dasher and he didnt either. So we thought comett was copying off of Dasher. Then we started watchin our only female dog Shelby. She lifts her leg LOL
    doglvr233

It could be a urine stain or a saliva stain. Some dogs chew on their feet (just like some people chew their nails). Nanook my white shep/husky mix has those stains from chewing. I can never get rid of them all the way.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.