Thread: THIS is why I hate people!!!

THIS is why I hate people!!!

This poor 19 year old lady's peeps left the country, leaving her in a hallway. She may be coming here for fostering and some TLC. She deserves to be in a loving home with a caring hooman and other kitties, for however long. Not in some cramped cage. She looks so much like my munchkin Shortie. It breaks my heart. She looks so fragile.

I HATE PEOPLE!!! (Present company excluded, of course)

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It truly makes me angry when people do that sort of crap!! And every day I hear of more and more fur babies being dumped when people leave and go elsewhere.

If/when you get this sweet lady please give her an extra hug and kiss from me and tell her that I love her too. No fur baby deserves to be left.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I don't even have to say it. Donna you know how we Got a few of ours, Bart, ET, Demetri. Lenny, Egypt & penny were left on the street.
    GILL & Crew;

The *ahem* owners went back to their native country, leaving this poor old girl to fend for herself.
    Last edited by moosmom; 10-07-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Plans are set. I'm meeting up with Carol on Sunday at noon. Melody, as scrawny as she looks, is quite healthy for a cat her age, according to the vet. Carol is going to give me Fancy Feast cans for her (she won't eat dry). I'll have to monitor her eating, putting her in my bathroom at night, for a while anyway. I don't need any porkers in my cat family.

Carol said if she ever needs to go to the vet, to send her the bill and she'll pay it. We really don't know how much time she has left. But I'll make it as comfortable as possible for her with LOTS of . She loves to be carried around, and will sit on the couch next to me. All she does is eats, sleeps and poops. I'm home alot so I'll be able to monitor them all, including Bad A$$ Buddy, who gets frisky. Carol said she can guarantee that Melody CAN hold her own against the boys.

So, looks like my cat pop. will be back up to 6 again. I KNEW there was a reason why I didn't take the kitten. I'm SURE RB Mollie Rose has something to do with this.

I promise I'll take pictures.

This is how I ended up with LJ, dropped on the street. Sam I asked for, and Spunky I found in a cage in a bird store. (Long story).

Good on you for taking her.

Can't wait to see pix.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

If she is a fairly healthy girl she could be around another several years.

Poor girl, being dumped like that!

Welcome to your loving home, dear Melody!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am SO SO tickled to hear that Melody will be getting a new loving home!

YEA! We have a 19 year old sassy gal, and let me tell you, they do NOT take any crap from the young whipper snappers that live in the house - quadra and bi pedal!

Thank you SO SO much!

I would like to point out one small thing, however....

Country of origin does NOT indicate someone's ability to love and nurture a pet. People are A**holes no matter where they are from. Your previous *achem* comment could be read as a racist. So please be mindful about how you refer to people who are not the same color or culture as you. Thanks.

Shelli, fur mama to too many to count over the years!

Thank you so much for taking this sweetie in.

I can't wait to see photos of her.

Melissa

Donna, thank you so much!

And remember: we never really "own" any pets, we foster these animals for God. At her age, you are perhaps holding her for the rest of her life here, which (again due to her age) may be very short. Setting yourself up for heart break, in a way. But that is how we help them on their journey. And they teach us so much, on OUR journey.

Well that is Great News Donna.. So glad your going to take this baby in.. Yes please we would love to see pics..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Before I take her in, I'm going to have Kitties In Distress have a CBC and Thyroid test done on her.

I was reading "between the lines" in her bio and it said, according to the vet, there's 'NO REAL MEDICAL PROBLEMS'. I need to know if they've done a CBC and Thyroid test on her. I talked to a good friend of mine who has gone through something similar with one of the many cats she has rescued, and she encouraged me to ask before taking Melody. She said she wanted to save me any possible heartbreak with this precious girl.

So that's what I'm doing. I'll keep you posted.

There are cats that can live to ripe old age if they have a loving, caring, home with good care. Look how long Mollie Rose lived! The pain you will feel when she leaves will be well worth the happiness she will feel at being loved.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I have great news! A woman from Norwalk called Carol of Kitties In Distress wanting to adopt Melody as a companion to her older kitty. She paid a visit to her and she is now on her way to her new furrrever home!! It was for the best and I truly believe that things happen for a reason.

Have a wonderful furrrever life sweet Melody. You ARE loved.

Wonderful News! I wish someone would take my 2 turtles Oh well..

I'm glad she has a great home and a forever home.

Melissa