Thread: Shelter dogs *pics*

Shelter dogs *pics*

I went to on my fourth trip to the shelter yesterday. I WANT to live there so bad. My friend Alexa and me went to the dog walking orientation. The dogs are really stressed out there right now, it's just so crowded but the new Renovations should be done by next month! =DAnyway, me and my friend can only walk green dogs for now because they are the easiest to walk, very easy going and they don't tug at the leash that much etc. I can handle large dogs but oh well, most of the green dogs are large dogs lol. We were going to walk these two puppies but we're not allowed to walk puppies until they are at least 6 months, the lady forgot to tell us but she wasn't mean about it.

So we walked the two fursibs, Angel and Dixie. Dixie was a long haired dachsund and Angel was a Rottie/Shepherd mix. They were so cute, and very friendly. Dixie is a little hard-headed but she is funny. She thinks shes a big dog. She challenged a pitty that was crated as we walked by it. This dog hates other animals but hes a great dog with people, he was lunging at the cage door barking so loudly but Dixie just kept growling and lunging right at the cage.

Pics-

close-up

SQUIRREL!!!!! She saw a squirrel on the other side of the road and was tugging at the leash lol. It was funny how all the "scary" pitties being walked were so well-behaved and the little "cute" one was being evil.

Cute little fursibs <3

Me and the evil weiner dog. Yeah, I know I looked horrible, ew. I usually don't look like that, I promise lol.

One of Angel, she was a real angel, and so well-behaved!

This is the saddest part, putting them back D:

I forgot why, but I think they were abandoned due to foreclosure or something like that. *sigh* They are currently not up for adoption but they should be soon. I hope they can get a home together.

I hope you guys liked these pics though, I hope you don't mind me posting shelter dog pictures often, I really miss posting pictures in this section

I hope you don't mind me posting shelter dog pictures often
    Of course we don't mind. Those two are so cute! I hope they do find a home together.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We absolutely don't mind you posting pictures of adorable pups here. That's what it's for! I would post pics of dogs from my shelter but I do not interact with them like you do and I do not even go see them because it breaks my heart. I get to see them in person once they've been adopted and help fit them for crates and collars and/or harnesses in the boutique. At that time I know they have their home and it is such a happy time.
    Yeah, if I did what you did I would have probably tried to bring home about 10 dogs by now. LOL That is how Taggart found his way into my heart.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Your job sounds like fun. The putting them back in their cages would
    be tough.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm sure we don't mind pics of dogs! I just love weenies! I'd take her home in a heartbeat!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Cindy, our shelter has something like that too, my mom is interested in working at the Thrift store they have as is my sister. They aren't cat people LOL, and I cannot picture my mom walking any of these dogs.

I'm sure as soon as Dixie goes up for adoption she will be adopted straight away. She has a great temperment aside from being a little Hard headed. Very sweet girl and she's great with other dogs. I just hope her friend Angel can find a home too, she's about 6 while Dixie is only 3-4. Plus the big black dogs don't get adopted to fast and she looks like a rottie, which isn't a bad thing in the least but she is in the same place as the pitbulls right now. Thank God this is a "mostly" no kill shelter.

I didn't post this, but I met the SWEETEST and I mean SWEETEST pittie in the world, she is pure white and 100% deaf, but she's such a lover. I hope someone with get her out. Oh and for the record, my mom already said no.