Thread: nest,dove1,2

nest,dove1,2

A nest a Robin has built on our security light and two pictures of a dove in our Maple tree out front.The one you can see the back end of it,may have too look to see its face in the other one.The Male dove goes and brings twigs for a nest where the female is.The female is right between branches right in the middle of the tree in the second dove picture.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Barry, do you know if a robin returns to the previous year's nest? My mom and dad have a nest from last spring on their side door light. They don't go in and out that way anymore because the stairs are hard on my mom's knees. My dad thinks the robins put it there because it's warm from the porch light and because the door doesn't get opened and closed. He doesn't want to take it down in case there are eggs in it, but he also doesn't want to cheat the robin out of a place to build another nest this year. Should I put up a ladder and look in the nest? A couple of years ago, they had one that the bird had built sort of halfway in the gutter, so my dad put a diverter on it to keep the rain from washing the nest away.

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Keeping up with birds is one of my hobbies. I don't know alot about them but I love them. They will try to build a nest almost anywhere and it worries me sometimes. They don't always pick the safest places. I've been blessed with dozens of visits this year from the Buntings. That Painted Bunting is breathtaking. This morning, I saw a nest of Osprey on my way home from physical therapy. Yesterday, I had one of those giant Woodpeckers in the yard. Bird watching is great!!

Thanks for sharing, Barry.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!