Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I Wrong

Am I Wrong

Okay really have a situation that I need to vent. When Cadience was 14 weeks old the doctor told me to put her on ceral twice a day because she was drinking anywhere from 12-16 ozs of formula every two hours. She said that this was not normal for a child her age. I got yelled at by this lady that works in the nutrition department for that. We were told at her last check up to start giving her a jar of veggies with each feeding and cut her formula intake to 24 ozs a day. Guess what again I'm getting yelled at. This time my husband and I are being accused of being selfish and forcing food on my daughter for our own personal sake. She has even gone as far as to say she is going to report me to Child Protective Services. According to her doctor Cadience is healthy and happy and still quite advanced for her age. As a matter of fact they think that my due date might of been wrong and she was actually suppose to be due in October. This lady has got me in major tears because I don't want my little angel to be taken away from us. I just don't know what to do. If they come and take her away I don't think I could stand it. Am I wrong to being doing what the doctor is telling me? Should I just listen to the nutritionist and all these baby books?

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I'd find another pediatrician and get a second opinion. I mean it's not like you've got experience in this. I know I didn't. Children should come with instruction manuals.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I'd find another pediatrician and get a second opinion. I mean it's not like you've got experience in this. I know I didn't. Children should come with instruction manuals.
    That is the crazy thing Donna. The pediatrician that I called says the same thing the doctor did. Normally he doesn't recommend ceral that young, but with what she was eating in formula it is what he would of done too.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

If you've got 2 doctors saying the same thing, then chances are they're right. As far as that yahoo that's yelling at you...tell her to take a hike. You are doing what you're told for your child. You're new at this, cut you some slack already!!!

Tell the chick from the nutrition department if she's gonna yell at anyone, it should be the doctor's giving the instructions, not you!!

Now calm down and pamper yourself, okay??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Who is the nutritionist? I never took my kids to one, just curious.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Who is the nutritionist? I never took my kids to one, just curious.
    She works with low income mothers and comes by my office on a regular basis. I've read the books and I know they say not to start foods until 4 mths, but wouldn't the doctor think about other alternatives before saying start your baby on ceral?

Quote Originally Posted by mina'smomma
    She works with low income mothers and comes by my office on a regular basis. I've read the books and I know they say not to start foods until 4 mths, but wouldn't the doctor think about other alternatives before saying start your baby on ceral?
    It sounds like you are getting conflicting medical advice, let her report you, your doctor is saying she is thriving. I am sure that is scary but they won't take her away for that.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I feel like I've slipped into a parallel universe here. Some nutritionist is yelling at you and is threatening to report you because you're feeding your baby what your doctor told you to feed her? Who is this person and what authority does she have anyhow? That would be the day that I'd let anyone tell me how to raise my child, let alone some know-it-all who feels she can say something like that to a young mother. Good grief, what is this world coming to?! I'd report her for threatening you!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Can you make a phone call to the doc's office and have them put it in writing? Then let her vent all she wants and report her as Mary suggested.

You don't need any MORE grief in your life, you have your first baby in the house for goodness sakes and, (not having any personal knowledge) from what I hear that in itself is a handful! You don't need someone else adding on.

Quote Originally Posted by mina'smomma

I thought it was pretty normal to start a baby on cerials about then. I
    know mine did. When the baby drinks that much in a day, she's still
    hungry & would benefit from having cerial in between or with her formula.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lizbud, they have changed their way of thinking on introducing solids now, they recommend not until six months of age here, i know when i had both my children it was 3 to 4 months, all i can say is my children are healthy well adjusted young people, so obviously it did not harm them in any way.

I don't know or understand why they have changed their ideas on this, but i know because my niece was told this with her baby,they are changing things all the time, when i had my son they said put him on his tummy to sleep ,now that is a huge NO NO, honestly it become's so confusing.

If you are getting this advice from your doctor,then i would imagine it would be fine, and who the heck is the person threatening to report you, who does she think she is,good grief you are not abusing your daughter by doing what you have been told, how awful for you,do as other's have suggested get a second opinion even a third if necessary, so that you have the confidence in yourself that you are doing the right thing, good luck.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

First off, no one is going to take your child away even if this "nutritionalist" reports you to child services because you are doing as your doctor is telling you to do.

Is she overweight? Is she malnourished? Is she growing adequately? Is she healthy?

All yes? Then there is NO reason to worry and NO reason the nutritionalist should be sticking her nose in that when clearly she is doing fine by DR's orders...

The nutritionist could be a little more professional and HELP you instead of "yelling" at you and making you feel like a bad mother, imo...

To be honest, I'd get a second opinion on her diet, AND a new nutritionalist... one who is a little more professional.

facebook

Oh good grief!!! Honey, you are her mother and mothers still have instincts that tell them what their child needs! If you trust your pediatrician and your baby girl is growing and healthy and not fussy then tell that nosy "you know what" to shut up! My best advice is to quit telling everyone your business! The more you tell, the more they will try to control you! If they ask how Cadience is doing, just say "she is a healthy, happy baby"! If they ask specific questions, just find a way to avoid answering them!

HUGS,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

We started Nathan on cereals at about 3 months. We had one of those....argh....what do you call them....it looks like a bottle but on the bottom it has this thing where you can push it up. It's made just for cereals and stuff. Anyway, he started cereals around the same age Cadience did. Nathan was a chunky baby and would eat almost anything and he ate a lot. Now he's slimmed down and will only eat chicken and oatmeal.

As for that lady...let her report you. She'd just look like an idiot afterwards. If Cadience is happy, healthy, and there are no signs of abuse, then they can't take her. I wouldn't worry about it.

And you can't really "force" a baby to eat anything. As far as I remember, at her age, don't they spit it out when they're full? And how in the world would forcing her to eat benifit you and your husband?

What a rude woman. Tell her to keep her nose out when it isnt wanted or needed. I would be very insulted if someone was speaking to me like that. If you didn't care you wouldn't of seeked advice from professionals so she has no need to critisize. Let her phone to child protection, at the end of the day you have asked 2 professionals their advice its not like you are sitting about neglecting your child, You have seeked help from professionals! I highly doubt the childrens protection would see that as neglect!

She is your baby, you know whats best for her.