Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescuing Pregnant Mom Cats ....PICTURES added!

Rescuing Pregnant Mom Cats ....PICTURES added!

Hi PT friends! I have decided to help out a few of the many Spring pregnant momcats by giving them a safe and loving place to have their babies. If someone doesn't help them, their babies will be born outside and subjected to dangerous situations that we all know exist!

Right now I have two moms ... one who delivered 1.5 weeks ago and one who is about to pop now! The two families who brought these to me, do want the moms back and WILL be having them spayed as soon as the babies are weaned. One of them was kind enough to even buy a large cage for them to stay in with their babies.

Unfortunately there are many more out there who need my (our) help. There is one that I know of who is looking for someone to take a pregnant mom in who she had been feeding outside of her home. It is obvious to me that she wants nothing to do with the kittens or mom once they are born. I would be willing to take this mom in, hopefully before her babies arrive, but I will need help in getting another cage for them and with having mom spayed / vaccinated once the time comes.

I noticed that there is a new thread here asking for help for some other kitties, so the timing here might not be the best. I'm sorry. Many of you know that I have helped out many kitties through the years and have never once asked for financial help from PT. This time, I simply must in order to be certain that the cycle ends for these moms! If anyone is interested in helping by donating to a fund to spay / vaccinate these moms and help provide caging for them during their deliveries, you can PM me and I will give you my address or PayPal information.

THANK YOU for any help you can give them!

Kim

Here is the first litter of babies ... born on 3.28.08 ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kimlovescats; 04-12-2008 at 08:48 PM.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I wish I could Kim, but my tax bill was more than I thought and Miquelito just had his ear scratched by Pouncierge and he may have to see the Vet.
    We are praying that Mom and Kittens will be all right.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    I wish I could Kim, but my tax bill was more than I thought and Miquelito just had his ear scratched by Pouncierge and he may have to see the Vet.
    We are praying that Mom and Kittens will be all right.
    Gary, I understand fully and I know that you are praying for us all! You have been very generous and a wonderful friend to me and the many who have come through my home over recent years, and I thank you wholeheartedly! I hope Miquelito's ear will heal quickly!

What a dilemma for the people in rescue when the spring time mama's start coming around. It's so darn sad because we know that this is never ending because of irresponsible cat owners who don't bother to spay or neutered their cats and especially because of the many, many, MANY, who just abandon them when they move.

Okay, enough about my rant. Kim, you are such an Angel to take in these mama's to make sure they have a clean and safe place to have their babies. It's hard isn't it when you have to take care of other people's ignorance.

Bless you and thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for these precious cats. I take my hat off to you.

My donation is on the way.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thank you so much, Lorraine! It is truly appreciated!!! I've really cut back my rescuing in the past couple of years but it's hard to overlook all the pregnant moms out there. It isn't their fault that they got pregnant! I can't take back what happened to them but I can help them through it and make sure that they don't ever have to have kittens again.

You are more than welcome Kim and Bless you.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Here is the other momcat who is due at any moment! This girl is so big and I'm so afraid that she might have a really large litter! Her name is Miss Smokey (the owners thought SHE was a HE ... until ...). They will be having her spayed as soon as she weans her little ones and before going home. I will make sure of it!

Also, I have attached another picture of Shadow and her babies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sany0205.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	38939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sany0202.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	38940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sany0201.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	38941  

Kimlovecats,

If you can get them to CT, I'll foster a mama and babies.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kim, I am going to PM you.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Awww Shadow is so beautiful. I'm afraid I can only offer prays at this point.

With struggling to get Athena fixed and my other guys vets bills I'm just not able right now.

But thank you so much for taking them in.

Prays,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77
    Awww Shadow is so beautiful. I'm afraid I can only offer prays at this point.

With struggling to get Athena fixed and my other guys vets bills I'm just not able right now.

But thank you so much for taking them in.

Prays,
    Melissa
    Prayers are always welcome!!!

Donna, transport would be too stressful for a pregnant or nursing mom. Right now I am not crowded but if it comes to that, I might look for fosters. THANK YOU for offering!

Thank you SO much to those of you who have sent donations! It will help to assure that these moms and babies get the care they need and that these moms will be spayed as soon as possible. I would love to be able to spay / neuter the babies but that would mean keeping them all to at least 4 or 5 months of age and then they would be harder to place. In addition, I would have to have more housing for them which would limit my ability to bring more moms in. All I can do at this point is be sure the moms are spayed right away and the babies go to responsible INDOOR only homes!

If anyone would like to donate but the timing is not right at this time, please know that you can donate over at least the next couple of months. Kitten "season" is just beginning and new moms will need our help throughout the summer.

Thank you again!

Kim and Kitties

thanks for all your doing kim...it really is so heartwarming that people like you are out there,doing so much to help those pregnant mom's.
    you already know my predicament...i'm sorry i can't help now...maybe later after we get settled i'll see what we can send.
    it gets so costly,i hope you get more donations.your doing so much.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    thanks for all your doing kim...it really is so heartwarming that people like you are out there,doing so much to help those pregnant mom's.
    you already know my predicament...i'm sorry i can't help now...maybe later after we get settled i'll see what we can send.
    it gets so costly,i hope you get more donations.your doing so much.
    Carla, don't worry about it! You do SO MUCH for the kitties in your area too!

Shadow's Babies .... 2 weeks old yesterday!

Black female (Mommy look-a-like)

Calico (female)

2 Brown tabby w/white (males)

Of course when these babies are weaned, PT homes would be the best homes!