Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83

Thread: Free kittens need homes in Butler

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,616
    I am on my way out to my car to get my credit card so I can call the Vet and donate 100.00 towards one of the cat's spaying fees. This thread has been very heartwarming and I too wanted to say thanks to all of the great petlovers out there who helped Rebecca and the cats. Around 13 years ago, I lived at my parents house for a summer and started feeding 1 stray cat. One night I looked outside and she was curled up on a lawn chair with 6 kittens. My father and I borrowed some have a heart traps and took the whole family to the vet to be spayed and neutered. We figured if we didn't, there would be 36 cats in the yard by next summer I don't remember what the vet charged us but I think we got a good deal.

    Keep up the good work everyone! We can't save all the homeless pets in the world but we sure can make a difference!

    Lots of love and respect,
    Deb, Moon and Bean

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,332
    WOW!! Thank you so much for helping with this Deb! This is so exciting and I can hardly wait until Rebecca sees your post! I sent her a PM last night and I know she is going to be posting a reply with the donation total and costs to date. This is the best! PT'rs are the best!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen
    WOW!! Thank you so much for helping with this Deb! This is so exciting and I can hardly wait until Rebecca sees your post! I sent her a PM last night and I know she is going to be posting a reply with the donation total and costs to date. This is the best! PT'rs are the best!

    Thanks Emeraldgreen.....your posts really inspired me (Kuhio and everyone else too). Rebecca, I just hung up with Pam at your vet. She said she will add the money to your account. She said you were still confused about what to do about the cat's who are already pregnant (spay now (abort) or wait??

    I vote for spay now but any thoughts out there???

    Deb

  4. #64

    New Donation MoonandBean

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean
    I am on my way out to my car to get my credit card so I can call the Vet and donate 100.00 towards one of the cat's spaying fees. This thread has been very heartwarming and I too wanted to say thanks to all of the great petlovers out there who helped Rebecca and the cats. Around 13 years ago, I lived at my parents house for a summer and started feeding 1 stray cat. One night I looked outside and she was curled up on a lawn chair with 6 kittens. My father and I borrowed some have a heart traps and took the whole family to the vet to be spayed and neutered. We figured if we didn't, there would be 36 cats in the yard by next summer I don't remember what the vet charged us but I think we got a good deal.

    Keep up the good work everyone! We can't save all the homeless pets in the world but we sure can make a difference!

    Lots of love and respect,
    Deb, Moon and Bean
    Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate everything everyone has done. I have five out of six cats scheduled at this time. Three are going next week and two are going in May. The sixth cat is pregnant and ready to have her kittens anyday. I am not sure if an abortion is good at this point. I do not even know if the vet would do it this late. I know I can find good homes again. I just found the greatest homes for the last litter and there is still many people looking for kittens. I had one lady drive 3 hours to get a kitten. Any advice on aborting the feral cat? Anyway, thanks everyone for your donations. I am feeling less overwhelmed with my problem. Rebecca

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,693
    If she is that far along, I would go ahead and let her have the kittens. That is great that you're able to get so many of them fixed so soon. Once she's had her kittens and has finished nursing, then it will be her turn and that'll give you time to get the money for the last one! I'm so happy that things are turning out so well for your crew.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    11,191
    Yes if she is too far a long it would not be nice to have them aborted, you did a marvellous job of finding homes for the other's,you will indeed be fine with this lot , that i am sure of,glad to hear all is going well,aren't PT just the best people in the world.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

    RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

    RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

    RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

    RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

    RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

  7. #67

    Pregnant mom: spay or not to spay? Update

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean
    Thanks Emeraldgreen.....your posts really inspired me (Kuhio and everyone else too). Rebecca, I just hung up with Pam at your vet. She said she will add the money to your account. She said you were still confused about what to do about the cat's who are already pregnant (spay now (abort) or wait??

    I vote for spay now but any thoughts out there???

    Deb
    None of us had to make that decision for the pregnant cat because she is no longer pregnant. The unfortunate part is that I don't know where the kittens are. I have seven people in the house and all of their friends. I constantly tell everyone not to let the cats out, especially the pregnant one. Yesterday she was missing all day. Someone opened the front door and she came in. She has not left since. I have been opening the door for her in case the kittens are outside. I have been following her around the house hoping to find the kittens. The only thing I can think now is that she either had them outside and she does not want anything to do with them, or they are hidden in my four story house. She does not seem to want to go outside as of today. She is spending alot of time downstairs where we all hang out. She has got me stumped. I just pray that she will take care of her kittens whereever they are. If they are in the house, I know by experience they will eventually come downstairs with all of us. The mom will have no say so whatever. I just hope they are not outside because they will become feral cats.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,616
    I know you're shook up...I don't have a lot of experience with kittens so I can't offer much except to say pray for them and have faith that everything will work out ok. I just said a prayer and will continue to pray for them until you let us know they turned up safe and sound.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,332
    I'm so sorry to hear that she is without the babies and not wanting to go outside (if they are out there). I wonder if you could wander around out there on your own and listen for them. I know it might be hard to hear them with the busy road right there but hopefully you can make out some kind of sounds? Same thing inside your house. Maybe ask everyone to be silent for 10 minutes and walk around the house listening. I know it would be hard with so many kids but tell them how important it is and that they could help in the search for the hidden kitties. I sure hope you find them.

  10. #70

    missing kittens

    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen
    I'm so sorry to hear that she is without the babies and not wanting to go outside (if they are out there). I wonder if you could wander around out there on your own and listen for them. I know it might be hard to hear them with the busy road right there but hopefully you can make out some kind of sounds? Same thing inside your house. Maybe ask everyone to be silent for 10 minutes and walk around the house listening. I know it would be hard with so many kids but tell them how important it is and that they could help in the search for the hidden kitties. I sure hope you find them.
    You are so funny Emerald. I have not heard 10 minutes of silence for 20 years. I have no idea what the concept is. I offered all of my children 10 bucks to find the kittens in our four story house. No one found them. I really think they are here though. She has not tried to leave the house all day and I actually have not seen her much this day. That is a good thing. She is taking care of her babies like all good moms do. I am a little worried because her sister has been gone for two days and I have an appointment to get her spayed soon and she is missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	april 18 2008 011.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	39038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	april 18 2008 017.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	39039  

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,616
    The weather has been beautiful here in PA and all of the cats who are allowed to go outside are doing some frolicking around town As soon as she gets home, keep her furry little butt inside (I know; easier said than done...Bean can drive me crazy with his howling at the door) and off to the vet

    P.S...your reaction to the "silence idea" was priceless
    Last edited by MoonandBean; 04-19-2008 at 08:01 AM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by rebeccahowes
    You are so funny Emerald I have not heard 10 minutes of silence for 20 years. I have no idea what the concept is.
    LOL! Can you tell that I don't have kids in our house?!? I do have a great step daughter who is 13 who lives with her mom a few hours away and she visits us and vice versa but for the most part our house is pretty quiet aside from the occasional meows and barks!

  13. #73

    Update: kittens still missing

    You guys are so funny. It is morning and I still have no idea where the kitties are. My children usually will do anything for money, and they said they could not find the kittens. Good news is that the other black and white feral cat showed up tonight. I am so happy. I know that the kittens have to be in my house somewhere. The mom has stayed in the house all day long and walked upstairs a few times. Right now I have all the windows and doors open in case one of my cats want to step out for a few minutes. I don't dare during the day because my neighbors all hate cats. It is four in the morning. They are having so much fun. I wish that I could find a farm to live on so I did not have to worry about mean neighbors. I will keep you guys updated on the things happening around here. I pray that I find the kittens, and my neighbors move somewhere else. I was looking on some cat place today and found that you can buy this thing that you put in the yard and the cats won't come in the yard. I am thinking, If I can afford it, that I am going to buy my neighbors this thing and they can put it in their yard. Then, this summer I can relax and not worry about the cops coming to my house. My neighbors always call the cops. The cops said that I am not allowed to feed strays or I am responsible for them. In the city of Butler, you basically have a leash law. Your cats are not allowed to go outside without you. I have never met a cat that lets you walk them on a leash.

  14. #74
    If you still can't find the kittens after all this time, then mama probably hid them where you wouldn't be able to get at them anyhow. The last litter that I rescued was hidden in an empty covered swimming pool. The cover had been nailed down with a tin cover and I have no idea how she even got in there in the first place. It was weeks before she brought them out. When I was finally able to get my hands on them, their eyes were crusted shut and I had to put salve in their eyes. Mama cleans their eyes and my vet said that's the best treatment for it but in this case, it wasn't, so you might want to watch for that. My vet said that, if I hadn't put the salve in their eyes, chances are they would've gone blind. Mama didn't want to leave my front porch, so I assumed they were nearby but they weren't. It wasn't until I began walking the property and when I got near the pool, she got nervous. So I stopped and listened and sure enough, they were in there. Mama knew how to keep them safe.
    Blessings,
    Mary



    "Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

  15. #75

    Kittens found

    My 13 year old daughter found the mama and kittens in her room behind her bed today. I am so happy. She is taking really good care of them. She lets us get somewhat near to her and the kittens so I saw that she had four. Two of the kittens look like her. They look like little cows. They are black and white. The other two are tiger striped. She does not act like she is going to move them; therefore, I think they will end up liking people and come down and see us when they get a little older. As soon as the vet thinks it is ok for her to be spayed, I will get her to the vets.

Similar Threads

  1. Continuation of free kittens in Butler
    By rebeccahowes in forum Cat Rescue
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 04:56 PM
  2. Kittens need homes...please help... :-)
    By Catty1 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 07:24 PM
  3. Free To Good Homes 6 Male Ocicats
    By doolittleky in forum Cat General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
  4. need homes for 7 kittens
    By sottice in forum Cat Rescue
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2002, 06:34 AM
  5. kittens needs homes!
    By alizah2002 in forum Cat Rescue
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2002, 11:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com