Sorry if this was posted already...
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41137

Wow, I find it hard to believe..

"
    News

HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD IN NEW YORK
    Source: The Associated Press
    January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger was found dead in his Lower Manhattan apartment on Tuesday. The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for Brokeback Mountain, where he met Michelle Williams in 2005. The two had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said "This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

Ledger appears as The Joker in the highly-anticipated summer 2008 comic book adaptation, The Dark Knight.

Ledger was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said.

He was declared dead at about 3:30 p.m., Browne said."

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

WOW!!

RIP Heath.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I am stunned. He was about the same age as my brother. Although I really didn't like any movies he was in he was still a good actor...it is really a shame.

I was just about to post this...
    I was watching it for like 20 minutes in complete shock. He's definitely one of my favourite actors.

RIP Heath

I just heard about this. I am in shock!! What is with these young actors passing away lately? Brad Renfro just a couple weeks ago, he was only 25.
    It's sad how stardom does this to some people.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I was shocked when I saw this title. I hadn't heard anything. How sad.

Such a shocker. I'm so very saddened by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101
    I was just about to post this...
    I was watching it for like 20 minutes in complete shock. He's definitely one of my favourite actors.

RIP Heath
    Mine too, I loved him in brokeback mountain.

RIP
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Such a shame.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Heath Ledger found dead

This is weird - first Brad Renfro and now Heath Ledger.

chicagotribune.com
    NEW YORK - Actor Heath Ledger, one of the stars of "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead in his bed in his Manhattan apartment, at 3:35 p.m., New York City police said Tuesday. He was 28.

Sleeping pills were found in the bed around him, police said.

Police said Ledger's body was found after a masseuse arrived at the apartment on Broome Street in SoHo. A housekeeper, who let the masseuse in, believed him to be asleep, police said. The two went into the bedroom and found him nonresponsive, then called 911, police said.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

OMG!! I cannot believe this!! he was one of my favorite Actors!! I loved all of his movies!! I loved him In: A KNights Tale, 10 Things I hate about you, Ned Kelly, Brokeback Mountain and the Order. Such a wate to Die at only the age of 28!!! RIP Heath!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

So very sad. I too was just about to post this. I just read that he has a daughter, it's so sad, she'll be growing up without her father.

I'm looking forward to seeing him as the joker in the new Batman movie that's coming out this year. I don't know if he has any others coming out or if that will be his last movie. Very very sad.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I was blown away when i heard this also...such a sad ending to life..

Rip

I heard about this from my sister when I got home today(she has been a very big fan for many years now)... then on the news tonight.
    Honestly, I never watch movies, so I wasn't very familiar with his work.. but it is still oppressive to hear of anyone dying so young.

I heard about this from the the pharmasist at work, it hasnt really sunk in for me yet, Health was one of my faverite actors

the pharmasist at my work does not think the sleeping pills had anything to do with it, not unless he was drinking alcahol with them, as I guess they were just over the counter, nothing more then a low dose antihistimine, hardly anything that could kill a person on its own.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils