Thread: Fairoaks Australian Shepherds?

Fairoaks Australian Shepherds?

I was just wondering what was everyones general opinion of this breeder .

An Aussie is a breed that I've thought about for a long time. I believe I will be looking to rescue one in the future.

I'm not sure, but unless you're buying to show or breed and have experience in one or both fields, I would stick with rescue

But Aussies aren't for everyone, make sure you do your research before adopting one!! My recommendation is maybe spending time with someone who owns one or spending time at an Aussie Rescue or some Aussie events to see if they are the dog for you.

facebook

Agreed. Depending on what kind of work you're thinking of doing, a rescue can still fulfill your needs. For example, rescue dogs *rock* at agility, obedience, flyball, and other sports like that. Unless you need a dog for showing/breeding or herding (which requires a dog with solid instincts - and even then, a rescue dog might work), I think you'd be better off looking on Petfinder than on breeders' websites

Want to spend time with an Aussie? You can borrow Zoee. Hey, you're not that far away from me and my sister lives in Oregon. lol
    We got Zoee from a breeder. But that was before I found PT. Now I would not go to a breeder, but I'd definitely check rescues first.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have to agree with what everyone has said.

I also got Lacy from a breeder,And i love her dearly,I love the breed she is amazing to me,And almost everyone who has been around her always tell me if i ever want to get rid of her let them know(I would never do that in a million years)

And there is some people who have said they dont know how i keep up to her,She is a on the go kinda girl,I sure have to keep her busy!

When do you plan on getting one?Or are you just going to observe for awhile?

I'm sure when your ready you will find the one to call your own!