Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving- A day of mourning,

Thanksgiving- A day of mourning,

I heard this on the radio, with half an ear.

Some school districts are telling the children in the schools that the American holiday of Thanksgiving should be considered a day of moirning because of what the European/English did to the native Amerinds.

---------------------

Another case of Stupid Americans Holding on to the Past.

Having roots in both America and Mexico I think that all Taco Bell restaurants should be closed down.....

The hot sauce in the packets isn't real salsa.....

And I heard on the radio that some stores in Australia are telling their store Santas that they can not say "ho ho ho," as it is offensive. The Santas have to say "Ha ha ha."

Now doesn't "Ho ho ho" said by a man in a red suit always bring "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to your mind?

I really think things are being taken a lot too far!

Well without the Ho Ho Ho I for one wont sit on his lap!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

How about BAH HUMBUG!!! Sounds better.

And about this "Ho Ho Ho" stuff, um, but if I recall correctly, the correct spelling of what some people are offended at is whore, not "Ho", so GET OVER IT!!!!

Happy Holidays!!! (wouldn't want to say Merry Christmas and offend anyone)

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Happy Holidays!!! (wouldn't want to say Merry Christmas and offend anyone)
    Ah, but what about the Christians who are offended by Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Richard; seems I "stole" your thread here. Was NOT intended!

The stupidity of people and their so called politically correct crap is running rampant. Let's just stop celebrating everything, shall we? Maybe then we won't offend anyone. Honestly, this is out of control. And Richard, I can think of others who hold onto the past way worse than this.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    ---------------------

Having roots in both America and Mexico I think that all Taco Bell restaurants should be closed down.....

I don't think most people consider Taco Bell authentic Mexican cuisine, lol. Just like the one place a friend took me to called "Moby Dick's House of the Kebabs". What does Moby Dick have to do with Arab food??? I'm still trying to figure that one out (beside the first sentence of the book where the narrator says his name is Ishmael).

If I want the real thing, be it any ethnicity, I go to a restaurant that is actually run by families who are familiar with that type of cooking.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    But we can all celebrate Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo...
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I proudly say Merry Christmas. I will proudly say Ho Ho Ho!
    Sometimes I really do think this world is truly ridiculous.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

"There are two sides to every story"

I'm honestly sick of how the Europeans are always portrayed as the good guys in this country. Why can't we give the kids a bit of the truth? The fact that the Natives and the Colonists didn't actually sit down and peaceably have dinner together.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    I heard this on the radio, with half an ear.

Some school districts are telling the children in the schools that the American holiday of Thanksgiving should be considered a day of moirning because of what the European/English did to the native Amerinds.

---------------------

Another case of Stupid Americans Holding on to the Past.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Makes me want to try to come up with a Towlie joke.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahved
    But we can all celebrate Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo...

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    "There are two sides to every story"

I'm honestly sick of how the Europeans are always portrayed as the good guys in this country.
    True. The winner always gets to write the history books, though. Note the P.S. Beagle quote in my signature ...

We celebrate Thanksgiving, but we don't celebrate the fact that Europeans colonized North America. We celebrate what we as individuals and a family are thankful for.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

If you get a second, please drop by my favorite Thanksgiving site! (I like it other times too, but especially at Thanksgiving.)

Love, Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Ah, but what about the Christians who are offended by Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas?
    I agree MOFF! Store owners don't have any problem taking Christian's money, though, as they try to diminish the true meaning of Christmas.

Richard I am sorry you were only able to listen with half an ear. Maybe some reconstructive plastic surgery might help? Sorry, I am in a giddy mood this morning.