Thread: Anyone know what I looking for?!

Anyone know what I looking for?!

lol.. Its 1:22 am here so excuse my stupidity.

I've found someone close to me thats willing to provide me with a free sofa for my shop. I dont drive and I cant rely on anyone else as she needs it to be shifted asap.

What service do I look for?!

Ive tried yellow pages for couriers and removal men but they charge for the whole day and it is litrally a 20 minute ride there and back. For a whole day they was £150 and I really cannot afford anything like that right now.
    The couriers only seem to do smaller packages and Im stuck as to what to look for.

Im guessing its a really obvious answer but Im so stuck with what it might be, Im ill and cant sleep so thats my excuse.

Do you have a friend with a truck or large van? Or if they have something like UHaul where you can get a buddy to rent a truck that might work. I really don't know what else you could do.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Why don't you post on craigslist? What the job is and how much you are willing to pay. Put it under "gigs".
    Claudia

Also, check with local colleges/universities... if there is one close to where you live. I would think that some students would love to be able to make some extra money for the Holidays!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Yes a friend that can drive a UHaul would be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    Do you have a friend with a truck or large van? Or if they have something like UHaul where you can get a buddy to rent a truck that might work. I really don't know what else you could do.

Look in a local newspaper...sometimes there are movers who have no more than a truck to offer, but they do small moves.

Does the person who has the sofa know someone, if you could pay them a wee bit for moving it to you?

Good luck!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks for the advice, Unfortunatly it all fell through.