Thread: anyone ever rode a donkey???

anyone ever rode a donkey???

I rode one once when I was really little. It was a neighbor's donkey. Anyway, their donkey named Raisin that I LOVE to death--is going to have a baby.

Raisin is a light brown donkey and she is a total sweetheart! I love her like she was my own donkey. I've always wanted a donkey but never had the chance to get one. I go almost every day to see Raisin and I always bring her a treat. She comes every time I call her. She is a dear friend...I've never loved someone else's pet like I love her.

Anyway we may be having to move in a few months...or what ever we're really not sure, but if we do move we're thinking about this place that has a barn that we've checked into. It has many acres and is a nice place for a donkey or two.

We thought about maybe getting one, this isn't decided for sure we are only thinking and talking right now, but I wondered has anyone ever had a pet donkey that will actually let you ride them? I've always wanted a horse because you can ride them, but the last 8-10 years I've spent w/ Raisin has really made me fall for all donkeys and I'd love to have her baby--maybe! a big maybe LOL

so just wondering if anyone can tell me a little bit about them (owning them since i've nevr owned one myself) and can you actually ride them like a horse? My neighbor's never ride their donkeys they just have other donkeys and they keep each other company--I'm the only human that really ever interacts with them...anyway thanks a ton!!!!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Very good friends of mine have donkeys and mules. They ride both. I got to ride their one Donkey reno last fall, it was a blast, nothing like riding a horse!! he he he!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

My Dad's friend has a donkey named Nark. I think it depends on their mood whether you can ride them or not. If Nark is in a good mood then we can ride him. But I have onlky ever seen him once and he was in a bad mood. When I went to say hi to him he let me pet him and feed him a treat but then later he wouldn't stop chasing me. That was scary he wasn't playing when he chased me. Then he let me pet him after. But my sisters have ridden him and they tell me that it is different then a horse for sure. Good luck if you decide to get a donkey or two!

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/site/1/home.html

This website might help you out a little, there should be something on there about caring for your own donkey.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Thank you everyone

Thanks for the web~site too Miss Z

But my sisters have ridden him and they tell me that it is different then a horse for sure.
    it was a blast, nothing like riding a horse!! he he he!
    LOL what do ya'll mean exactly?? Are they hard to ride, or more fun!!! LOL
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Just different. I don't know I haven't ridden myself.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats