Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Party Invitation - gals only, and a man is now attending..update

Party Invitation - gals only, and a man is now attending..update

Not his fault either.

I have my hysterectomy on May 22nd (three weeks from today ). A while back, I decided to have a Bye Bye Period party - part of the idea to invite a bunch of gal friends over and have munchies and coffee and fun!

I did individual invitations, which I mailed or delivered by hand. When I emailed reminders, I used BCC. So no one knew who else was coming - and I never SAID 'gals only'. I ASSUMED - and we know how THAT is spelled!

So one friend called up and said that Jim (I'll call him) is coming along too. Now, I knew Jim long before I knew his partner - we performed together as musicians, and he is a real sweetie. I would love to have his support and input.

However - do the rest of the folks coming know a guy will be here? Does it matter, especially since no one knows who is coming, and maybe they didn't all assume "all women" as I did. Should I call everyone else and see if they are ok with this???

These are dear people and I don't want to hurt them. I did reply and say I hoped Jim didn't mind being the only guy there. I wish I had thought it through a little longer. Jim's partner is very with it, but this didn't cross her mind.

Heck I could make party favours out of 'feminine products' and Jim would get a real laugh out of it, and come up with other clever things that could be built from the same materials.

It's ok with me...I don't know how OK it will be all around.

HELP! Any ideas????
    Last edited by Catty1; 05-02-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Best thing would have been to put 'gals only' in the invitation if that's what you really wanted all along. Since you didn't do that, I'd say you're safe not having to notify everyone else that's coming that a guy will be there. If he's fine with that theme of the party, and you're comfortable with him there, then just have fun! Good luck.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thanks. Yeah, that makes sense - after all, I was the only one with the invitation list! lol

In fact, if you know he'll be the only guy there, and you know he'll appreciate the humor, you can make him a name badge that says "Honorary Gal for this event only!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    In fact, if you know he'll be the only guy there, and you know he'll appreciate the humor, you can make him a name badge that says "Honorary Gal for this event only!"
    Maybe even present him with a ceremonial bottle of nail polish!

Love, Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    That's what my female friends and I do when any of our male friends shows up for a women's gathering--we don't make him wear a name badge, but we do designate him an honorary woman for the occasion.

I know lots of cool guys that would think that would be a hoot. I so wouldn't worry about it. As long as he knows he's the only guy, and is cool with it, good for him! Invite a few more of your coolest guy buddies, what the heck. I seriously can't imagine too many guys who don't/didn't have moms, sisters, wives or daughters at some point. Most of them are pretty comfortable with "girl stuff" by mid-adulthood.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

LOLOL! Honorary Girl/Gal! That is PERFECT! He'll love it!

THANKS!!!!!

Congrats! That was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It came one day after my birthday and I told my doctor that it was the best present ever! Good luck with your recovery, too. Carry a pillow to hold your stomach when you get up and walk. It works wonders. And the party sounds like lots of fun. Wish I had thought of something like that.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Quote Originally Posted by columbine
    Maybe even present him with a ceremonial bottle of nail polish!

Love, Columbine
    Heck with the nail polish. He needs his own extra super absorbant box of tampons!

I think it's great that you turned this into a party, and even greater that you have so many friends (even men!) that support you and want to party with you.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Heck with the nail polish. He needs his own extra super absorbant box of tampons!

ROFLMBO!

Gee...I think all I have is leftovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    If he's fine with that theme of the party, and you're comfortable with him there, then just have fun! Good luck.
    He's sounds like the sort of friend we could all use! Have a great time
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Just make sure HE knows the theme of the party and all. Since you know him so well, DON'T rely on his partner to tell him.

Then sit back and enjoy.

Heck, his partner Laura was all ready to make me slippers and things out of "feminine supplies" lol

I have a few packages of leftover supplies that have not been used in 3 or so years. Should I mail them to you????
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.