Thread: Prescription Diet m/d Feline dry cat (RECALLED)

Prescription Diet m/d Feline dry cat (RECALLED)

Per cnn.com story
    THIS PARTICULAR RX FOOD M/D FELINE IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH VET'S OFFICE

Meanwhile, Hill's Pet Nutrition recalled its Prescription Diet m/d Feline dry cat food. The food included wheat gluten from the same supplier that Menu Foods used.

The recall didn't involve any other Prescription Diet or Science Diet products , said the company, a division of Colgate-Palmolive Co
    Last edited by Craftlady; 03-31-2007 at 08:53 AM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

My heart sinks every time they add another food.

I am SO glad to have PT - we are all keeping each other up to date on this situation. One story I read commented that there are still many pet owners out there who don't use the Internet, don't get the newspapers, and are only vaguely aware of the recall!!!! (I have TWO friends who are pet owners and new nothing until I phoned them.)

.......and mine are all on the dry! I got a brand new 20 # bag that hasn't even been opened yet... Reckon it is back to PetSmart to return it and get something else..... That's all Chester, Amy and Giz have eaten all their life, I hope they will eat something else.... Kitty Boo is on the ZD Sceince diet... I need to call the vet and see what to feed her now....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    .......and mine are all on the dry! I got a brand new 20 # bag that hasn't even been opened yet... Reckon it is back to PetSmart to return it and get something else..... That's all Chester, Amy and Giz have eaten all their life, I hope they will eat something else.... Kitty Boo is on the ZD Sceince diet... I need to call the vet and see what to feed her now....
    The only recall for Hills is the prescription m/d food (have to get it at the vets office) the other Hills products are ok.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

There is another brand of pet food being recalled too.

Nestle Purina PetCare Co. said it was recalling all sizes and varieties of its Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy wet dog food with specific date codes.

Here is the article in case anyone wants to read it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070331/...et_food_recall

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

Yikes!!!! Thank goodness Pouncer isn't on that. But I'd be having a heart attack right now if they said S/D because thats what he was on two weeks ago (well, he ate maybe half a can for me)

This si all so sad.

RE: Pet Food Recall

]I always feed my dog Purina / Alpo Brand Come N' Get It Dog Food and my cats get Purina Cat Chow. I did hear a few days ago that some Purina Pet foods are also being recalled. Does anyone know which? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nancys
    ]I always feed my dog Purina / Alpo Brand Come N' Get It Dog Food and my cats get Purina Cat Chow. I did hear a few days ago that some Purina Pet foods are also being recalled. Does anyone know which? Thanks.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Co. said it was recalling all sizes and varieties of its Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy wet dog food with specific date codes.

When will it end. Starr is now eating the Hills Prescription Z/D and is finally doing well on it. I sure hope that this too won't be recalled.

I was talking to a truck driver at Petcetera , and he was telling me that they are blocking a whole truckload of Purinaat Canadian Customs as thier canned food is not good either.
    God , tell me when will this all end?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Gary, I think that might be the Purina Dog Food that is on the lastest recall.

My Felix is on Hills Prescription c/d.I am very concerned.Im thinking if one is affected why not the others?I heard that people are turning to organic foods for there pets,anyone have any input on that?I wish I knew how to make my own...

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340