Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mama Dog And Young In Need....GRAPHIC PICS...4/04/07 A NOT VERY GOOD UPDATE PG 5

Mama Dog And Young In Need....GRAPHIC PICS...4/04/07 A NOT VERY GOOD UPDATE PG 5

We received an email today from Pound Dog Rescue, in Virgina, Illinois, a rescue we often work with, regarding a female Pit Bull and her eight puppies. We do not have space for them. She is currently in a high kill shelter in Moline, Illinois, which is about 3 hours from me. She was said to have been attacked by another dog before she was brought to the shelter. It was said she was just about to whelp when she got in the fight. She is pretty messed up. She had her puppies on March 18th. I do know she is okay with people going into her kennel to clean, but not much more. I am awaiting information from Paul of Pound Dog Rescue. He is willing to help transport her to a rescue or foster home. I am worried they will all be put down. I was also told there is a seven day holding period at the shelter she is at. Please let me know if anybody is able to help or if know any other rescue that may be willing. I have contacted The Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue, and they are full, but looking for potential rescues that may help. Just PM me and I will give you my number so we can discuss what could be done for her. Thank you everybody.

I have attached pictures of her and her pups. Please be advised, THEY ARE NOT GREAT TO LOOK AT.

Mama

Mama and pups

Pups
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 04-04-2007 at 03:50 PM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

When I rescued a pittie a while back, I couldn't keep him after he and Sammy got into it. The Furry Friends Foundation ended up taking him for me. Hopefully they can help you.

Poor girl...I hope she recovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Awww....Poor baby!! I sure wish I could help! momma looks so sad!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Poor momma and pups. I hope a foster or home can be found.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

When I saw the pictures of the poor mama dog, I started crying. I swear if I were anywhere near Illinios I would foster her and the pups. I pray her and the babies will be saved.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

OMG!!! that poor sweetheart! I hope she will be okay.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Poor babies!! mama and all......

I wish I could take mama and one pup....... wish I lived closer....... hoping they all get great homes.......
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thank you everybody. We are trying to remain hopefull for this lil' family of pups. It is so sad that people hear the name "Pit Bull" and turn their heads. It is all how you raise and treat a dog that makes them the dog they become. I just hope it is not too late for this unnamed beauty and her babies. I am going to call her Faith. Because I beleive she will be okay and one day be in a loving home. I will keep you all updated on her and her young.

www.rornfp.org

Any luck with the Furry Friends Foundation? What about the Animal Welfare League?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

I haven't been able to get her off my mind all day. It breaks my heart to see what happens to so many pit bulls. It is very "sad" how some people turn their heads when it comes to the breed. I love the breed so, so much. I will own a pit bull as long as I'm alive. Please do keep us posted on what becomes of her and her family.

Faith is a beautiful name for her. Thank you so much for loving and caring about the pit bulls.

*edit to add*

I just noticed one of the pups is the same color as Ebony. He/she even has the same little white mark on his/her back. So sweet!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Lobodeb
    Any luck with the Furry Friends Foundation? What about the Animal Welfare League?
    I emailed Furry Friends and am awaiting their reply. Animal Welfare League will just put her down due to her breed.....not sure about the pups, but more then likely them as well. I am still hopeful on finding a solution though
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Thank you so much for loving and caring about the pit bulls.
    There is no need to thank me. My boy Scruff is part Pit. I love breed as well. I am trying to convince Dave, my fiance, to let us take her and the pups. It will be hard though. Our house is small and we have our two boys, three dogs (one is a foster), and several cats. If all else fails, she will be here. I will let you guys know soon as I figure it out..

www.rornfp.org

I would like one of pups! I live in Iowa, only about 3 hours from moline! Depending on how much the pups are i would LOVE to take one, for the keeping of course!! Please feel free to pm me with more informatioN!!

Tracy, you are doing so wonderful helping this poor momma dog and pups! I wish I could take them, but I'm in no postion to do so right now. If you need any help with transport you have my number!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I wish I could help but since we still have my fosters, Thor and Emmy, I really can't. Good Luck though!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

oh wow I hat this sorta thing happen... She looks like she is so scared and sad.. .. I hpe they get out of that kill shelter they are in right away!!! Im praying they all goto good loving homes .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven