Thread: How to "stretch" leather shoes?

How to "stretch" leather shoes?

I bought a pair of beautiful leather shoes last month (see this thread: bargain shoppers victory) and have worn them a few times, but after a couple hours, the knuckle above my little toes is begging for mercy. The heels are comfortable heights, no problems there. The other piggies are perfectly happy, but both shoes seems to make my little piggy scream.

The top of the shoe ends right across the bone on both pairs, and I think if I can just strecth the leather an itty bitty bit, I'll be able to wear them all day without running (uh, limping) out to my car for a change of shoes.

Any ideas as to how I can stretch the leather?

I googled it and found several places that recommended using potato peelings http://www.wikihow.com/Stretch-New-Leather-Shoes

Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

´there is this spray at most any shoe store that is fro stretching shoes, it works great but not sure if you wnated a home remedy so to speak in that case I have no clue, maybe the potatoe peel may work, never tried it though....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Why not have hubby wear them around the house for awhile. J/K
    I thought they sold something ( foot form thingy) to put inside the shoe
    to stretch them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Try wearing them around the house for an hour or so each night.... Not long enough to cause you pain but just enough that they might get worn in faster.

LOL other than that I only know how to break in a baseball glove lol and I don't think that would work for shoes lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom
    ´there is this spray at most any shoe store that is fro stretching shoes, it works great but not sure if you wnated a home remedy so to speak in that case I have no clue, maybe the potatoe peel may work, never tried it though....
    Yep, Kiwi makes a good shoe stretching spray. You spray the shoes and immediately wear them. It doesn't stretch them a lot, but it may be enough to give you some relief. You should be able to pick it up for about $5.

Firstly, put on two pairs of socks - the reason for this will be come clear in a minute.

Next, boil a kettle.

Hold the shoes over the spout of the kettle while it is steaming, then put the shoes on while still warm and walk around the house in them. The socks will help the stretching process and keep your tootsies from getting hot. Repeat process as often as necessary.
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Can you take them to a shoemaker, Kim, and have them stretched? I know leather eventually stretches on it's own but it may be a painful process

I love Denise's idea

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    Firstly, put on two pairs of socks - the reason for this will be come clear in a minute.

Next, boil a kettle.

Hold the shoes over the spout of the kettle while it is steaming, then put the shoes on while still warm and walk around the house in them. The socks will help the stretching process and keep your tootsies from getting hot. Repeat process as often as necessary.
    Wow!! Great idea with the tea kettle!!!

I was going to say 2 pair of socks, but that makes it even better!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

One of my old boyfriends was a shoe repairman and he always told me the best way to stretch them it is soak them with water, then wear them wet.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!