Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

I don't know if my absence has been noted by many people here, but I haven't been on Pet Talk since last Wednesday Why, you might ask? I'll tell you why... Because my so called ISP (Internet Service Provider) has been offline for four days now, it went down on Wednesday night and didn't come back until this morning (Monday). I called their customer "support" on Friday and asked what was going on, and the answer I got them was just that they didn't know what was wrong, and that they had some technicians out looking for the problem, and that most probably they were missing some parts in their machine and the problem was that since it was a holiday here in Sweden (Midsummer) that they couldn't go to the store and buy the spare part. What a load of crap!!! Did he really expect me to belive that some multimillion company like them would have to go to a normal store to buy spare parts for their servers?! I didn't say that though and I just said "Oh ok, I understand. Thanks. Bye" and that was it... I kept waiting and waiting and on Saturday I called again and got the exact same answer and the guy even said that they had a technician out looking into the problem right then. I said "But, this is the exact same thing that you told me yesterday! Do you really expect me to belive that this technician has been out looking at the machine for over 24 hours?" and then the guy started cussing at me and said "I don't give a **** what you belive" and I just said "Excuse me?" and he just didn't respond so I just said "Ok then, can I please have your name" because I wanted to perhaps report him to his authority and you know what he did?! HE HANGED UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really can't belive it... Telia (that is the name of my ISP) is THE worst company in the world... I mean, no matter how rude the people who call customer support are, those people there are supposed to keep their cool and most certainly they are not supposed to cuss me out and hang up on me!! I waited in a 30 people line just to get hung up on!!!!!! And sides, I wasn't even rude at all!! It's unbelivable... I don't know if I should bother trying to find his authorities or what...

Anyways, aside from all that crap we had a great Midsummer party last Friday (Happy late Midsummer everyone ) and on Saturday we went to a lovely forest and had a great time (Tina especially).

Well anyways, I have alooooooooot of catching up here to do (both all the "of the day"s and all the posts), so I just wanted to post a quick explanation as to why I've been gone so long!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Former User Guest
    HA! I missed ya! Even emailed you! Yeah, Telia... got to know it in Finland too... a lot of crap as you said. Oh well...

Anyway, good to have you back! Have fun catching up!

Oh you have Telia in Finald too? I feel sorry for you!

Welcome back, Ann! What a lot of crap. I would have thought they had better excuxes lined up than that!

Happy midsummer to yoy too!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Randi

So did anyone here get to dance around the Maypole?? Or eat tons of herring and strawberries?

I knew I hadn't seen any posts from you lately, but I haven't been on here, but maybe a little in the morning. Glad to have you back!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks Anna

Aaaaaaaaaaah, it's so nice to be back

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by Ann
    Oh you have Telia in Finald too? I feel sorry for you!
    For some odd reason Telia isn't so popular there anymore...

I wondered where you had gone off to Ann. Glad you are back in business!

Ann, glad you're back! Could you explain...what is Midsummer? And you said you went to a lovely "forest"? What do you mean by that?
    I don't mean to sound silly and stupid....I've only been out of the US for 30 minutes once when I went to Canada to drop off a friend. I guess I need to get out more.....

Former User Guest
    On Midsummer, (in Finland and rest of the Scandinavia- I presume) the sun doesn't go down at all. For one day it shines all day, it's a wicked but also a weird feeling at the same time. Weird because it's light in the middle of the midnight! In Finland people get together, take a sauna, swim and have fun. Some people go to rock festivals etc. Everyone's having fun!

If anyone wants to know more about Finland, CLICK HERE

Of course your absence was noted!!

WELCOME BACK!!

Welcome back Ann.

Nice to see you back ann!

Thanks everyone

jennifert, it's hard to explain Midsummer without making a huge post, but it's one of the old traditional celebrations in Scandinavia (celebrated way before Christianity came). We eat herring, new potatoes, strawberries and other special foods. We raise a big pole (called a Maypole) and we dance around it and sign and stuff.

Here's a pic I found of some Maypole dancing:

As for what I meant by "going to a forest" is just that... We went and took a walk in a forest... You know, like Americas national parks but the difference is that we still have some normal forests around that hasn't been cut down. I took alot of nice photos from there, and when I get the time I will post them here and update my website with them (I'm currently trying to re-design my site with a photo section and stuff).