Thread: Wabbit Plan

Wabbit Plan

Due to the construction in my living room where my rabbits were kept, since my Mom said it will be really nice in there when they're done, she doesn't want the rabbits in there stinking and chewing up everything. But never fear, for I have a plan.

1. Get a 3 foot high exercise pen for rabbits with 12 panels and a door.
    2. Get a big piece of plywood for the pen to sit on. (So the rabbits won't have to be on the could hard cement floor)
    3. Get a litter box with a hood on it.
    4. Put plywood in rabbit cage to cover the bottom wires.
    5. Build a removeable cover to go over the cage roof and all the sides but the one with the door.
    6. Get a hay manger and something to put a 50 lb. bale in.
    7. Get something to control pet odor, I'm thinking about Bi-Odor Liquid stuff you put the the water bottle and internally it controls urine and feces odor so that when they do their thing it doesn't really stink.

My cousin Rusty's uncle says that I can get a 50 lb. bale of timothy hay for $2-$3 where he lives! And he only lives a few minutes away! I was like, "REALLY! OMG! THAT IS CHEAP!"

So that is my plan. And the rabbits would stay in their enclosure except for when I put on their harnesses and take them outside.

Does it sound good? I know this will take money, I'm trying really hard to get a job. My Mom said the rabbits will have to stay outside until I get all the stuff to make it happen.

After I get this done, I'm going to start buying hamster stuff to get my SAE under way.

It sounds really good, but hard work. I couldn't do it, to complicated for me.

Good Luck, let us know how it all goes.

Hehehe, well my AG advisor, Mr. Briscoe, lets me work in the school shop in the summer for what ever reason I need to. Lumber and plywood is very cheap here. But, I have to revise my plan because the cage won't fit in the exercise pen, so the exercise pen is going to be their new cage. SO I only need a piece of plywood for the pen to sit on. They will be a lot happier not having to stand on a wire bottom cage. WHO WOULD WANT TO ANYWAY? ~Meg~

That's true, not me anyway!