Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowy California (pictures)

Snowy California (pictures)

Hi everyone,

We went to the Tahoe region last weekend and had a wonderful time in the snow. Just wanted to share some pictures of the beautiful winter wonderland with you all.

Some of the pictures might be a little fuzzy. The snow was SO dense in certain areas (3 - 4 ft deep), and I kept falling in it (with my camera). The poor lense got a little wet at times. Of course, I had nothing 'dry' to dry it with either.

Last edited by popcornbird; 12-28-2006 at 01:24 PM.

That's all. Hope you enjoyed them.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 12-28-2006 at 01:23 PM.

You're up in mountains there, right? How can you get snow in California?? When I was there in July, by the time you were out there for 2 minutes there were beads of sweat rolling down your back!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I can't see your pics PCB because I am at work! I will check them out when I get home.

There is lots of snow in California! We have a very varied climate depending on what part of the state you visit.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    You're up in mountains there, right? How can you get snow in California?? When I was there in July, by the time you were out there for 2 minutes there were beads of sweat rolling down your back!!
    That made me smile. "How can you get snow in California?" He he he. Of course you had sweat rolling down your back. You came in July. I've had sweat rolling down my back in May in Chicago! People in other states (and other countries) often have a huge misconception about California's weather. We're not just a 'sunny beach state'. Our beaches are more cold than warm, even in the summer, and we have more cloudy days than a lot of people think. We actually have very mild weather through most of the state, with warm but not too hot summers, and cool but not too cold winters. Of course there are very hot areas too, like Death Valley. California is a huge state, and we have pretty much of everything. Believe it or not, we have more snowy regions than deserts. We have beaches, rivers, plain land, mountains, deserts, snow, everything. We are not a 'hot' state, by any means. We have hot regions, but CA is not a 'hot' state. Sure we have hot weeks during the summer, but we don't have the humidity that other states have. That in itself, makes the summer heat more bearable. My area doesn't get too hot anyway. Its actually very COLD right now.

We have snow in a lot of places. The Shasta area to the North, Tahoe region in the North-East, Yosemite/Sierra Mountains in the East, Mount Laguna south in the San Diego area...and many more. Sometimes our lower mountains get snow too.

Beautiful pictures. So did you go skiing at all?

Great shots!! We've never been to Tahoe and it looks so gorgeous I'll bet there is a lot of fun stuff to do - skiing and snowshoeing and hiking and .... hmmmmm, maybe I'll have to talk my sweetie into a little roadtrip

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Snowy California

Oh WoW talk about some Snow.. Let It Snow Awesome Adorable.. Great Pics Thanks..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Cool shots, Pops! I'm going to Tahoe for New Years, so these pictures really got me excited about going. I just love the Tahoe region. I noticed that you were up in the "tubing" area. Did you go tubing? What else did you do while you were there?

**hugs**

wow it snowed! over here NOT even close to snowing not even rain. Those are gorgeous PCB. Love the scenery good for wallpaper and desktops.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Beautiful pictures! I hope you had a LOT of fun! Yes, we get snow in California.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Wow, I know right where that is! I live next door to Tahoe practically (bout 45 miles from house ) It's a pretty place with a TON of snow!

Glad you got a chance to visit, Tahoe rules!

Great pix!

Now I am home and can see the pics...they are breathtaking. Tahoe is so pretty, I am always afraid to drive up there this time of year though. I took some pics a few weeks ago from Sly Park, there was snow there also.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

You sure know what you are doing with that camera! Those are some great pictures but those close ups took my breayth away!!!!! YOU ARE GOOD!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!