Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, I'm ancient!

Oh, I'm ancient!

That is my husbands line of thought today. Today is his 30th birthday and he is *NOT* (there just is not enough font effects to emphasize what I mean. ) happy about it. He is incredibly grumpy, irritable, depressed, etc.

How can I make him feel better? I tried telling him that he is only twenty four hours older than he was yesterday. It's not like he was 29 one day and *POOF* he was 30. Probably wasn't the best way to explain that...

The way I see it is like this. Stores price things at .99, 1.99, etc, to make you think you're getting a better deal, right? Well, same thing applies.

Tells stories of your 30th (or whichever birthday effected you like this), funny anecdotes, etc!

Oh, I'm ancient!

Happy Birthday to Your Hubby.. Tell him he is just 30 yrs younger.. Also the younger you get the Wiser you get.. If all of that fails just Grill him a Good Steak with a Big Baked Potato with the works..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Please tell your husband Happy Birthday for us. I just turned 29.....let him know we are not ancient!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Oh, I'm ancient!

Oh yes I forgot you could tell him he could be my age.. I know I am not Ancient!!

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Well, I've heard that 40 is the "new 30," so logically, 30 must be the "new 20!"

Tell him happy birthday for me! Maybe a little cake and ice cream will cheer him up

He has at least 30 more to go, so cheer up!

Every year after I turned 40 was better than the last. That was 24 years ago. I started doing all those things I was afraid to try, stopped letting anyone tell me what to do or how to live, decided to make ME happy. All within reason, of course.

I wouldn't want to be young again. It's so much better to be (sorta) wise!

Or maybe I'm just a wise a$$.

Tell him men are not classed as men until they are 30... They know enough to be men, know how to act, know who they are, etc ... and another 30 my foot- try another 60 years by todays standard, so now he has all that time to take the ball and run with being a man... lol..

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I recently heard that 50 is the new 30. I'm 55 so I guess I'm REALLY ancient.

For my 30th birthday I subpoenaed all my friends to a party. My birthday was on a Saturday that year so I subpoenaed them to a "Final Friday of my 20's" party. I think I still have the subpoena somewhere. It was a fun party at the London Wine Bar in San Francisco. I don't remember too much about the evening, probably because I drank too much AND it was like a million years ago!

Tell hubby 30 is NOT old at all! That's when you're just getting good at being an adult and it DOES get better. My 40's are still my favorite decade.
    Last edited by RedHedd; 12-07-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Get over it honey!! I just turned 41. You're as old as you feel and as old as you want to feel. He doesn't know what ancient is. Ancient is my ex-grandfather in law who lived to be 101 years old, that's ancient.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

LOL
    I can totally relate to your husband's feelings. I turned the big (and dreaded) 30 this past year and felt rather traumatized. I refuse to accept that I'm an adult, and so when people ask me how old I am, I simply say I'm 25 with 5 years experience....

Sometimes it takes them awhile to figure it out. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop
    Get over it honey!! I just turned 41. You're as old as you feel and as old as you want to feel. He doesn't know what ancient is. Ancient is my ex-grandfather in law who lived to be 101 years old, that's ancient.
    I am 46 and my grand parents lived well into their 90's and great grandparents into 100... When I look back- 30 feels young..

30 was much tougher for me than 40, for some reason, at least at first. Maybe it was the black roses my then husband sent to me! Grrrrrrr! And my life totally changed when I was 30 as I went through a divorce, moved off on my own with my then 2 year old daughter and our cat (Mimi). I sort of look at it as my life began at 30! Tell your hubby to get over it and enjoy being "30 something".

Logan

I couldn't WAIT to turn 30. Things get better with age. I never understood geting upset over turning 30 (or 40, 50, etc) since its all just a number, nothing else. Its how you feel, emotionally and physically that counts.

I concur with Queen of Poop: get over it!

Oh Boy!!! I cant wait till next year! Hubby turns 40!!! I am so goig to through him a huge suprise party!!!! Hubby has yet to complain about hs age!! besides hubby always say that he only feels as old as the woman he is with, and since I am only 29 he feels young!! he he he he he!! Hubby is a big goof!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Looking back, 30 is now my "favorite" age!!!

( I swear that I'm still 12 )

You are as *young* as you feel fella!!!

This is not a dress rehearsal, LIVE IT UP!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED