Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parked our SUV in a puddle, & woke up to it covered in mud o.O

Parked our SUV in a puddle, & woke up to it covered in mud o.O

hehehe Thats what we're telling Bill our car dealer lol

Bill told us to pick any vehicle on his lot & we picked the grey blue SUV. He told us to have fun driving to Ottawa & to test it out to see how it runs.

OH BOY DID WE EVER TEST IT OUT hahahaha

We took it to a Quarry near Ottawa (500km from where we live) & took it off roading in the mud puddle & in the swampy grass

When we arrived at 9pm sat it was so dark, that it made the muddy water that was waving over the truck, really really cool looking in the headlights!!

We did that for about 30 mins, then started to feel sick from going around in circles (we stayed in a small area)... It rained a little that night so most of the mud fell off the truck. So we went back sun night on our way home & did the same thing, except we went into the deeper part of the swampy grass.

OMG we had a hoot! We had a trucker song playing & were flooring it in the muck... the truck is covered in liquid mud, has chunks of thick mud on it & there are plants all over it lol There is mud & grass in the rims, the steps has 4" of mud on it (you can't step on it its so muddy).

After we finished playing in the muck & feeling sick again, we drove to a small town to put gas in it.. It took Chad & I an hour to clean the windows, lights & door handles (safety reasons!!).. We had so many people telling us how much trouble we were in becasue of the dealer plate The dealer is our friend & Chad works for him aswell.

We also solved the 4x4 issues we were having earlier in the week. The low doesn't work & you have to have the truck in park before switching it from auto to High 4x4. If you switch it into low, the truck has a stupid hard time getting out of 1st gear when you get out of low 4x4. To the point we were stuck in 1st gear for 2hrs last week. Doing 20km on an 80km road sucks. But we also sold the truck *sniffles* & 4 other cars while on our trip to Ottawa

We are using the muddy truck as advertizing for the dealer. Whos gonna forget 3 young adults (Chad & Andrew are 20 & look their age & I'm 24, but look younger then them) in a muddy SUV?

I took several pictures of the truck before Chad & I washed the windows. Chad took a few photos of me standing by the truck.

Can't wait until the next time we go to Carleton Place.. Chad & I are playing bumper trucks the next time we go up there. WOOHOO the joy of being hicks!!!

WOW.

Thank goodness I don't live in Canada, am not in the market for a SUV, or have to extend sypmpathies to a group of families that just lost their young adult children to a completely avoidable circumstance.

If your friend plans on selling that SUV as new I hope he thinks again, that would be a crime.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

My son pulled that stunt awhile back with a rented truck. He ended up paying over $500.00 for damages. It served him right for not taking care of something that was NOT his.....

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I love getting my truck absolutely filthy going up to my moms' farm (the road has been torn apart for a while now, and it has some satisfying bumps-n-mud to go through), and then driving back into Toronto and seeing all the never-dirtied trucks on the road. Mind you, i can't help it getting dirty, since I end up taking it into the woods, through the fields, and all over the place to haul wood, the trailer, the boat, etc.

I've never done donuts with my truck before tho - i'd be terrified of tipping it! And since its still realitively new (about a year-n-half old), I'm still taking super-care with it - I don't want to break it! I use it for what a truck is designed for - some off road, and some hauling of things, but no super-speed craziness

I used to do donuts with my old car in the winter though, in deserted and lamppost free parking lots after a snowstorm - tons of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    WOW.

Thank goodness I don't live in Canada, am not in the market for a SUV, or have to extend sypmpathies to a group of families that just lost their young adult children to a completely avoidable circumstance.

Huh?

The guy wants the SUV to go off roading in.. Most SUV are not able to go off the road as they aren't built for it. This one is used & you never know if the 4x4 even works. The high 4x4 works just fine & the buyer is excited about his new SUV that he can play in the mud with. Sorry but we don't sell lemons & we have 1yr warranties on the cars.

Have you never gone to a car or truck derbie? I have been to many & so has Chad. Chad has driven in derbies & we know how to keep it safer then derbies (derbies hit from all over & there are many cars driving wildly in all directions).

Hee hee heee...sounds like fun! You should see what some of my friends do to rental cars, LoL!!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    If your friend plans on selling that SUV as new I hope he thinks again, that would be a crime.
    OMG what is it with you people, sheesh... Its a new car to the guy buying it.. Just as my "USED" 1999 car is my "new" car... They only sell used cars anyways. Also the big 1998 plate on the SUV kinda gives away its age, so does the rust & the top 1/2 of the drivers step thats missing.

Some people need to stop reading into everything so mush, & try to enjoy the shared story once & a while & stop raining on others parades all the time.

I honestly shouldn't have to type a novel explaining every single little detail when its not needed in a fun story of what fun I did on a weekend. I'm sure no one wants min by min of what I did or what we said, or who was sitting where & wearing what & why we were wearing that & why we were sitting where we were & so on & so forth...

Explaining a tragity or an emergency is one thing, but a fun story, give me a break?

WOW.

Apparently it is also good I don't want to buy a used rental car. I know of people who do and will warn them....

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    My son pulled that stunt awhile back with a rented truck. He ended up paying over $500.00 for damages. It served him right for not taking care of something that was NOT his.....
    OMG these stupid little details are getting anoying to explain & killing the joy of the post.. The 4x4 needed to be tested.. Also we were NOT driving it hard, nor was it hardcore off roading.. it was a flat area of grass that was flooded.. we had maybe 50' to drive in circles in. We didn't want to go further into the Quarry as thats where all the rocks & pot holes are... We were just playing in muck, in a truck that needed to be tested!

My son LOVES going 4-wheeling its a passion of his. He bought a new Dodge truck and a guy hit him from behind so his truck was in the shop. The insurance paid for him to rent a truck while his was being fixed. The truck they rented to him was 4 wheel drive. Him and his buddies took it up to the mountains. My son did some damage to it so he had to pay the price. I was just saying it was his own fault...

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Let's rewind and review-

You took someone else's vehicle, and were treating it in such a way it took an hour to clean up some of it. You took it into 'swamp', and drove it crazily enough that you guys got sick from the motion. The "experienced" driver was all of 20- YIKES. You did it all for fun.

Then, most of the posters look at your OP as something outside of normal, but YOU suggest there is an issue with us?

Thanks for sharing your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Frog
    I love getting my truck absolutely filthy going up to my moms' farm (the road has been torn apart for a while now, and it has some satisfying bumps-n-mud to go through), and then driving back into Toronto and seeing all the never-dirtied trucks on the road. Mind you, i can't help it getting dirty, since I end up taking it into the woods, through the fields, and all over the place to haul wood, the trailer, the boat, etc.

I've never done donuts with my truck before tho - i'd be terrified of tipping it! And since its still realitively new (about a year-n-half old), I'm still taking super-care with it - I don't want to break it! I use it for what a truck is designed for - some off road, and some hauling of things, but no super-speed craziness

I used to do donuts with my old car in the winter though, in deserted and lamppost free parking lots after a snowstorm - tons of fun!
    OH the memories of farm muck hahaha
    We got the 4 wheeler stuck in 2.5 feet of muck.. it was the funniest thing ever... Took forever to get us all off the 4wheeler, as Ronnie had to chop down a tree for us to walk on hehe We were in Verner (near Sudbury) land of the farms, so you had to travel by 4 wheeler to get to some areas & well.. we learned that a goopy mud puddle isn't a whole lot of fun when stuck in the middle of it haha BUT we still all had a blast & a hot shower after it.. The 4 wheeler was rescued days later by the tractor that removed it brute force style lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    My son LOVES going 4-wheeling its a passion of his. He bought a new Dodge truck and a guy hit him from behind so his truck was in the shop. The insurance paid for him to rent a truck while his was being fixed. The truck they rented to him was 4 wheel drive. Him and his buddies took it up to the mountains. My son did some damage to it so he had to pay the price. I was just saying it was his own fault...
    Where we took the truck a car would have survived. It was flat ground, no boulders, no trees, nothing for us to harm the truck on.. the only difference between a car & the truck is that the car would have gotten stuck in the 6" mud puddle & the truck went through with no issues.. we gunned it a few times to get the mud flying, but Chad knew how to handle the truck, as hes been playing in that puddle since he was young.

Let's rewind and review-

You took someone else's vehicle, and were treating it in such a way it took an hour to clean up some of it. You took it into 'swamp', and drove it crazily enough that you guys got sick from the motion. The "experienced" driver was all of 20- YIKES. You did it all for fun.

Then, most of the posters look at your OP as something outside of normal, but YOU suggest there is an issue with us?

Thanks for sharing your stories.

Yes cleaning muck off of 8 windows, 2 plates, 4 lights & 2 door handles takes time with a gas station squeegy. Its not easy cleaning mud off of windows, as it smears all over & makes it take longer to clean.

Yes after 30 mins of going in circles I'm sure you would start to feel sick aswell.

So you have something against his age? Saddly age doesn't mean anything. I'm 24 & have less driving exp then Chad does. He has his B for crying out loud! That means he can drive a bus. He also has years on 4 wheelers & so on & so forth, blah blah blah, info nobody needed for a fun story...

Why can't work be fun? Who said you can't have fun at or with work? I don't recall reading that as a rule anywhere.

No not an issue with "us" (well everyone else), mostly you. As you seem to pick apart many posts, esp ones that you are oddly against & have no reason to.. like this post.

Instead of blabbering about your all gonna die, die I tell you! DIE!
    You could & should have said, I hope you guys were being safe & treated that other persons SUV with respect.. if so then it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.. then I would have happly typed out how we were safe & happly explained things in more detail, as it would have been "positive"... but nope, you took the negative route... again... like always & kill a happy fun post