Thread: Who likes retro tv shows?

Who likes retro tv shows?

For those of you who like to remember good times. I've been finding all sorts of good retro episodes on the youtube.com site. Mapletown, land of the lost, are you afraid of the dark, sharon lois and bram, you name it. The creepiest thing I remember though is the Slim Goodbody show, ewwwwwwww, we used to have to watch this dude in school. Thankfully nobody has had the gall to download that to youtube yet.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

well that depends what you consider "retro" lol many of the shows I like are older:

I like the later episdodes of "Madison", and I like "Nancy drew" and "Hardy Boys", an for the kids shows I love Mr. Dressup, and I loved "Fred Penners Place" when it was on, though I have found very few people seem to remeber it lol I have to keep decibing to people like remeber? he had dark hair and a beard, and he carried an accoustic guitar and crawled through a hollow log to get to his little 'place' where he sang songs and such" lol oh and I like "the friendly giant" too and the "flinstones" of coarse! hehe
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys are the best!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Ok now I do feel old the freindly giant retro? I remember him first run. Also mr dress up my kids loved casey and Finnagin.
    ALso bram,lois andsharon loved Fred Penner he was kind of a 60's flok answer to PBS. I grew up in the Nw corner of Washington so I gota lot of the Canadian stuff on antenna. Any one remember Captian Puget andWanda Wanda.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

My Mom calls Mickey Finnigan sometimes.. because he acts like him! lol

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I love a lot of old shows. I prefer a lot of old shows to new ones. I buy a lot of DVD boxed sets, I'm totally addicted to them.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I'm addicted to MASH reruns on the Hallmark Channel - two hours per day, five days per week.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Little house on the prairie, mash, Home Improvement, A-team, knight rider..

The Golden Girls,The Nanny,and Friends(not retro but still) are my favorites.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I've watched Alf since I was born, and I still love it. It is for me one of the best shows ever.
    I also love Mork and Mindy, Robin Williams was totally hilarious on that show.
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rofl...

I've got to admit, since subscribing to DSL, that I am not only addicted to Pet Talk, but to another site ~ (the word is You Tube )

I go nuts, typing in what ever strikes my fancy!!!

It's fun, isn't it?
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

yeah I watched an entire 10 hours worth of a tv series on there over the course of a week. I'm working on a few movies now. And me and my girlfriend are always sending each other sappy videos.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton