Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm having surgery Thursday, please wish me luck

I'm having surgery Thursday, please wish me luck

I could use some of those great PT prayers and good thoughts please. I will be having surgery Thursday morning. I'm having a hysterectomy. I won't go into all the details (TMI) but I'm hoping this will help me live a more normal life free of pain. I pray that is the outcome.

I will be staying in the hospital overnight but hopefully will be home by Friday afternoon. I sure will miss my fur gang while I'm gone. Now I just need to teach them to not walk on my stomach for the next month or so.

From Decker with Love

Of course you will be in our prayers! Uh oh, maybe bed rails are in order to keep them from kneading you poor tummy!

Jazzcat,

You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers, honey. I went through one of those 7 years ago and it was not fun.

To keep your cats from jumping on your belly (you'll probably have staples holding your incision together) keep a big, fluffy pillow there at all times. My cats, when I was sleeping on my back, took a running leap off of it (the pillow fell on the floor during the night). Talk about pain!!!

I hope you have someone who can look in on you if you live alone. I had my former sister in law fly in from Michigan to stay with me for 4 days. Thenmy daughter took over. It is a very slow healing process. But well worth it. No more monthly periods, painful cramps, sore boobs, PMS. WOOHOO!!! I ended up giving my leftover feminine products to my best friend (what are friends for, right??).

Hang in there girlfriend. It will only get better!

((((HUGS))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I had the surgery 10 years ago and it's the best thing I ever did for myself. Keep your chin up!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I had the surgery 10 years ago and it's the best thing I ever did for myself. Keep your chin up!!
    Yep, mine was 6 years ago and I wouldn't take all that stuff back if they paid me! It sounds like you're doing it the "easy" way, without the huge abdominal incision, so that will make your recovery a lot quicker.

Good luck & remember to get up & walk!

Thank you.

Donna - I have my husband Richard to help me, thank goodness. I'm having laparoscopic surgery so it shouldn't be a bad as what you went through. From what I've read the total abdominal hyst is pretty rough, I'm sure you'll agree. My doctor says I should be back on my feet in two weeks and back to normal in six weeks. I hope so! I know that pillow trick already. I had a laparoscopy back in Jan. to diagnose my problem. I had to keep a pillow over my belly for a week to keep chunky Rumor from killing me. She's my belly kneader and she is heavy.

From Decker with Love

My friend's daughter had the lapa.....thingie done and she was out gardening in a week!

"chunky Rumor" !!

Good luck on Thursday. Sounds like it is a MUCH simpler procedure these days.

Try the fluffy pillow with double-sided tape!

Take care; it's great that you have some support at home!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

9. Awww

lots of and best of wishes coming your way
    so far *knock on wood* the only surgery ive had,, was to remove my wisdom teeth..
    and that was scary enough.

Good luck! With the bad cramps I get, I wish I could get one NOW! lol But I plan to have kids in my future (if I ever get married) so that's a no-no.

Hopefully your kitties will understand that you need to recover and will take it easy on you for a while.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Best of luck & prayers sent your way.

My coworker recently had one of those lapa thingies...she looked great when she came back to work!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Hey Lori...Well girl, you already know that you're on my "list" for thursday You'll do great.

Hang in there sweetie! & try to send us an update asap.

much love & many prayers!!!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Good luck Lori!!! I truly hope this helps let you live life pain free.

I'm here if you need to complain about the gas or tummy pain

We'll be thinking of you Jazzcat~~~ Wishin and hopin and Prayin~~~~ that you will be Pain Free from now on!!!

So glad that you have your husband taking over the helm while you recover!!!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending tons of healing purrs your way!