Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request please

Prayer request please

My friend (she also works for my family helping me take care of my father) called me very upset. Her dog - a 10 month old boxer - ran out of the house, chased a cat into the street and was hit by a motorcycle. The motor cycle was carrying a man and a pregnant woman and they crashed. My friend said the man had at least a broken collarbone and the woman was slipping in and out of conciousness. She said it looked pretty bad.

Her dog is in bad shape with what looks like a broken leg and lots of cuts and abrasions. It may be worse once she is examined.

I'm asking for prayers and good thoughts for the injured couple, the dog, my friend and her daughters. My friend lost her ex-husband who is the father of her daughters in a bad motorcylce accident last year. She and the girls have had such a rough time of it and now this.

From Decker with Love

How horrible for everyone involved. They will most definitely be in my prayers.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

OMGODDESS I am so sorry how awful for all involved. My prayers will go go up with so many others here that I am praying for. I hope that all will soon be well, and there is a little pain as possible for all involved.

How sad. I will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

That really is sad for everyone involved. I will pray for their health and peace.

oh my god that is so horrible! I will keep in my thoughts your friend and her daughters, her dog who will hopefully be ok, and for the woman and the man i hope the woman will be ok and same with the baby. i'm sorry
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

How sad to have an accident happen with a motorcyle so soon after her husband's death on a motorcycle!

Good thoughts and prayers on their way!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I hope everyone involved in the accident is okay but I have to admit, the first thing I thought was "Why on earth would you be riding a motorcycle if you were pregnant?" Wow. I mean, I drive a small SUV and when I found out I was pregnant I was afraid driving over a pothole would hurt the baby. I cannot even begin to fathom why someone responsible for another life would risk riding on a motorcycle.

Thats just awful. They'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Prayers on the way from Nebraska...........

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

There are several aspects of life that Pet Talk have helped me with. One being, reaching out to others who need me.

I am so sorry that your good friend has been dealt a heavy blow in losing her husband. She is , to say the least, so affected by this incident.

I will pray for her and her dog, along with the couple who were injured, to pull through.

Bless You TOO!!!!

Any news on how everyone is doing? I've been wondering. They have all been in my thoughts.
    Forever in my heart...

Wow that is very sad. I hope everyone involved is okay and I will send prayers for the family and the peple on the motorcycle.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    Any news on how everyone is doing? I've been wondering. They have all been in my thoughts.
    I just realized I hadn't given an update, sorry.

All we can find out about the couple is that they were released from the local hospital late that night but since that hospital isn't equipped for babies they might have transferred the woman, we don't know and of course the hospital wouldn't tell my friend anything. We are just hoping they weren't injured and went home.

As for the dog, she may have a small fracture in her pelvis and she has severe roadrash on her stomach along with other cuts and bruises but the vet feels she will make a full recovery. Now we are just praying that my friend doesn't get sued. It was a total accident but you never know and people certainly sue at the drop of a hat these days. Hopefully they weren't injured, had insurance and that will be that. Fingers crossed.

From Decker with Love

Thanks for the update. I hope everyone is ok, including the pup, and that your friend doesn't get sued. It sounds like she's had it tough enough. Hopefully the couple is ok and are understanding.
    Forever in my heart...